This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flavor is not a brand

Had an old guy come into my line with two name brand pizzas. They were not on sale so the total was $15.

He did not like that price because they should be 2 for $9. No, those are our store brand.

I go back to the cooler and he shows me the tag for our brand. "See it says supreme!"

I try to explain the difference between flavor and brand. Brick wall. I'm done. I go back up front and call the manager. Old man name drops store manager's name who is at a meeting. We wait for manager who is stuck in pharmacy working (which is a whole other rant).

Old man keeps telling me the register is wrong, blah blah blah. It's not my fault but the register is wrong. I say I have nothing to do with prices. Old man say he just said that I had nothing to do with prices but it's still wrong.

Manager comes up, I walk away. They go back to the cooler. I go on about my work.

Happy ending though...old man leaves without any pizza.

Supreme winning!
    I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Supreme winning! I just can't even....
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I bet you he knew full well what he was doing. It just didn't pan out for him like it might at other places.
      Don't waste time trying to convince someone that the sky is blue.

Comment

Quoth TheWolfEmperor View Post
        I bet you he knew full well what he was doing. It just didn't pan out for him like it might at other places.
        What you did there, I see it.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Your pun is really thin there..
          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
            Your pun is really thin there..
            I was going to tell you to get stuffed, but I thought you might be cut up about it. Top that!

PS to the OP - I like a story with a happy ending. It could only have been better if the old man bought the pizzas at the correct price and acknowledged that you were correct. That would have been supreme!
            Last edited by gerund; 02-10-2018, 07:09 AM. Reason: Added a happy ending

Comment

Waiting

We have seen too many stories of places that would have given in to him just to get rid of the old guy hanging around and ranting.

And as for name dropping, did he really know the manager or did just get the name from somewhere and thought you would give in?

Comment

I'm glad the old fart walked out of there with nothing. He's regular customer so it's possible he knows the manager.

But there has been an uptick of crusty old customers coming in lately.

Comment

Well, if your store is anything like mine, the manager's name and face is plastered in the lobby with the name in big block letters.

Alternatively, it's probably printed at the top of the receipt. It's possible he does know the manager, on the other hand I go to plenty of stores where I know the name of the manager without having any sort of relationship that would land me brand name frozen pizza at house brand prices.
                  Don't waste time trying to convince someone that the sky is blue.

Comment

My coworkers who are locals seem to have connections to most of the customers so it is possible he knows her somehow. If she was there she may have given it to him for the price he wanted but luckily the manager on duty doesn't have time for bullshit like that.

Comment

What a moron. If you can't tell the difference between a brand and the flavour type, go home before you trip and hit your head (again).
                      D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
                      Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Comment

Those crusty old guys make retail fun
                        Sounds like one of those people when I ask what kind of car they have they say "RED"
                        Last edited by Rosco the Iroc; 02-11-2018, 05:21 PM.
                        AkaiKitsune
                        Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
                          Sounds like one of those people when I ask what kind of car they have they say "RED"
                          *twitch* *twitch*........... *whimper*
                          - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
                            Quoth Argabarga View Post
                            *twitch* *twitch*........... *whimper*
                            Looks like Rosco has met some of Argabarga's customers.
                            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Ya know I think at this point we've ALL had the same customers!

Comment

Working...
                              X