This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brains!! Resident Evil suckage

Its Saturday night and I'm on the box office. A guy in his 30s or 40s comes and buys for tickets for Resident Evil 3 from S, my colleague sitting next to me. The guy then joins 3 teenagers at the queue for the kiosk.

Resident Evil is rated 15, which means anyone under 15 is not allowed to see it. So S leaps out of his seat and goes and asks they guy how old his kids are, pointing out that RE3 is a 15. The guy says oh, they are 16, 15 and 14, so its okay. S tells him thet the 14 year-old cannot see the film.

Long story short, the guy is pissed off. S brings him back to the box office and calls for a manager to do a refund so he can exchange the tickets for a different film.

As thyey are waiting for a manager, S says 'Please don't be confrontational about it, I'm just doing my job.'
    The guy's response, 'If you ever come to where I work, I'm not letting you in!'

Now we don't don't know where he works, but we thought that was pretty funny.
    "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

i thought it was no kids under a certian age unless a parent was with them? i mean, we had 10 year olds seeing it with their parents when we went.
    Siead

Hobby Twitter.

Comment

I'm not familiar with those ratings. All I know is G, PG, PG-13, 17, and R, and X.
      And they are't even allowed with parents?
      That's weird. I know with R movies kids are allowed in if they are with a parent.

Comment

Quoth Lady Wrath View Post
        I'm not familiar with those ratings. All I know is G, PG, PG-13, 17, and R, and X.
        And they are't even allowed with parents?
        That's weird. I know with R movies kids are allowed in if they are with a parent.
        Aye, hence "viewer discretion is advised".

Dunno, theatre policy maybe?

Comment

There would seem to be answers here:
          BBFC
          "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
          HellGate: London

Comment

The first B is the appropriate one - British (PS CinemaGuy appears in this week's strip!). US legislation has it that a high-rated film (17?) can be seen by someone younger if accompanied by an adult, but we have a solid cut-off point over here. Too young? You're not getting in.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
              The first B is the appropriate one - British (PS CinemaGuy appears in this week's strip!). US legislation has it that a high-rated film (17?) can be seen by someone younger if accompanied by an adult, but we have a solid cut-off point over here. Too young? You're not getting in.

Rapscallion
              Ahh, interesting. Actually I kind of approve of this considering how fantastic parenting is over on this side of the ocean. ;p

You can be damn sure if junior stabs someone at school 2 years from now it'll all be Resident Evil's fault according to the parents. =p

Comment

Hmm. It's quite strict over here. If you are too young, you are too young and you aren't getting in. In fact, that rule being the cause of one of my boyfriends famous comments... We were going to see a 15, he was paying, I was looking at the 'coming soon'. He was asked if I was over 15, and he responded 'I hope so, we've been having sex two years'.

Anyway
                We have
                UC= Suitable for all, especially young children
                U= Suitable for all
                PG= "Parental Guidance" suitable for most.
                PG=13- Same as PG but reccomended for older children
                13-=13 and up
                15= 15 and up
                18= 18 and up.

I think that's it.
                And warning labels like 'contains mild peril'. Which just ROCKS.
                Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

personally i (despite being english) prefer the US policy whereby if you are with an adult you can see whatever you want. The problem is that in this country, legally even if you say that the movie will be fine for your 14year old son, it is still the responsibility of the movie theatre, rather than the adult with them.

Comment

The UK classifications are:

U - universal
                    PG - Parental Guidance
                    12A - no-one under 12 is allowed in without an adult
                    15 - no-one under 15 is allowed in
                    18 no-one under 18 is allowed in

DVDs and video have much the same ratings except for 12A, which is simply 12.

Unlike the US there is generally no hard and fast way of IDing teenagers. We usually ask their date of birth or what year they are in at school. If they can answer that convincingly, they will get in. But it is largely discretionary on our part, and has been known to lead to suck. Mostly underage kids just accept that we've stopped them, it can be the parents that will be sucky.

I refused to sell tickets to groups of underage teenagers for both RE and The Heartbreak Kid on Saturday without problems though.
                    Last edited by cinema guy; 10-28-2007, 05:57 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

The ratings here are
                      • G - General Audiences; All ages admitted
                      • PG - Parental Guidance Suggested; Some material may not be suitable for children (but kids can get in without a parent)
                      • PG-13 - Parents Strongly Cautioned; Some material may be inappropriate for children under 13
                      • R - Restricted; Under 17 not admitted without a parent or guardian
                      • NC-17 - 17 and under not admitted under any circumstances (used to be X, if a movie gets an NC-17 rating, they will usually do some more editing to get it down to R, since most theaters won't even show NC-17s)
                      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I believe that the recommendations for 12A are that under twelve-years-old is fine if a parent is with them, but a lower limit of eight.

LOTR was 12A. Considering the levels of violence, I came out saying, "12A my furry arse."

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                          NC-17 - 17 and under not admitted under any circumstances (used to be X, if a movie gets an NC-17 rating, they will usually do some more editing to get it down to R, since most theaters won't even show NC-17s)
                          It is kind of funny that the classification was changed from X to NC-17 becasue of the negative connotations of X-rated films, but then theatres still refused to show the films.

Comment

Quoth GingerBiscuit View Post
                            And warning labels like 'contains mild peril'.

Sir Lancelot: We were in the nick of time. You were in great peril.
                            Sir Galahad: I don't think I was.
                            Sir Lancelot: Yes, you were. You were in terrible peril.
                            Sir Galahad: Look, let me go back in there and face the peril.
                            Sir Lancelot: No, it's too perilous.
                            Sir Galahad: Look, it's my duty as a knight to sample as much peril as I can.
                            Sir Lancelot: No, we've got to find the Holy Grail. Come on.
                            Sir Galahad: Oh, let me have just a little bit of peril?
                            Sir Lancelot: No. It's unhealthy.
                            Sir Galahad: I bet you're gay.
                            Sir Lancelot: Am not.

Back on topic; I agree with the restrictions. After all, it stops irritating teens and whining brats being taken in when you're trying to see a 15 or 18 film. ^^
                            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                            My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth GingerBiscuit View Post
                              And warning labels like 'contains mild peril'. Which just ROCKS.

They've started using those over here, too. First time I saw "mild peril" I had to laugh
                              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                              X