Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

holy hell, I'm glad I don't live where you work, hell the group of people i was with once would have cost the place $45k for 15-16 y/os seeing shooter and 300? that's fucking excessive

Comment

Quoth AKWalMartCartGuy View Post
      holy hell, I'm glad I don't live where you work, hell the group of people i was with once would have cost the place $45k for 15-16 y/os seeing shooter and 300? that's fucking excessive
      If people could be relied upon to be even remotely reasonable and responsible, we wouldn't need these laws and regulations.

However, in the aggregate, people are dumbshits who won't cop to anything, even when caught red-handed, so we have to have rules in place so that people with brains can handle things for them.

Sad, but often, true.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I could see maybe $50 each, so that the theater isn't profiting from it, but gawd

Comment

Quoth Lady Heather View Post
          For Every underage kid the Theater is charged $5,000.00. Kid tossing quickly became my favorite sport.
          Quoth AKWalMartCartGuy View Post
          I could see maybe $50 each, so that the theater isn't profiting from it, but gawd
          Misread that, boyo. The theatre isn't the one making the money. It's the theatre losing the money.
          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Lady Wrath View Post
            I'm not familiar with those ratings. All I know is G, PG, PG-13, 17, and R, and X.
            And they are't even allowed with parents?
            That's weird. I know with R movies kids are allowed in if they are with a parent.
            Over here, R rating means NOBODY allowed in unless they are 18 or over. But not many films here get the R rating. From what I've seen, you guys are way tougher about putting R ratings on movies than we are.

I think that's a good thing.
            Total surrender
            Your touch is so tender
            Your skin is like water on a burning beach
            And it brings me relief
            "Nails in My Feet" - Crowded House

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
              That won't stop an SC bringing a small child in, and then whining when Junior is screaming with fear halfway thru. I went to see The Lion The Witch And The Wardrobe with my parents, which might be based on a children's book, but has way too many scary scenes to be perfect for small kids. This guy had to take his kids out practically at the beginning, cuz they were scared of the White Witch. Good thing too; one of the kids talked thru the movie in a loud penetrating voice, the other kicked my mum's seat at regular intervals.
              I was waiting for someone to make the above comment. So many times I see adults taking wee ones into an "R" rated movie only to have babies/toddlers cry, become scared, or just plain bored if it is a drama/thriller without much action. I think I saw a couple 10-year olds when I went to "The 300". Owie. For both the kids and the fact I paid $7.00 bucks to see that movie. (small midwestern town, thus the lower price".
              A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

My local Odeon has special babies and mums nights, and kids nights, so there is no need at all to take small kids along with you to watch films that they are not ready for. That's why we have to have the 12 registration; cuz parents should know whether or not their kids can watch a movie without getting scared, but don't. -.-
                People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                My DeviantArt.

Comment

I'm anticipating suckage at Beowulf, which is a 12A, but contains fantasy violence and sex references. We have notices telling us to warn customers that it isn't ideal for kids under 12.
                  "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Working...
                  X