X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recalls are a BLAST!

Phone rings.

Me: Good Afternoon (Store Name). (AmericanZero) speaking.

Dumb Customer: (Shouting in to the phone, obviously 50 year old smoker lady) Ummm...yeah...I heard something about a Pizza recall on TV. Whats included in that?

Me: Totinos and Jenos pizzas with Pepperoni on them.

DC: Well I got this D-jen-o pizza...not even from your store, I got it at (local gas station chain) and I ate it last night and I got the runs....(at this point I don't hear what she's saying because I'm fighting the urge to puke and I took the phone away from my ear).....and I was wondering if I got me sick. Its called D-jen-o...its spelled D-I-G-O-R-N-O....

Me: You mean...Digorno?

DC: Nope...its D-jen-o...it has pepperoni on it. How do I return it?

Me: Well its Digorno...and that is not included in the recall.

DC: Oh, I thought you said Jeno was included.

Me: I said Totinos and Jenos pizzas....the pizza you just spelled to me was a Digorno.

DC: Oh....hangs up.

First dog food...the lettuce....then canned goods.....then lettuce again (this recall was in Canada because people don't know how to stick around and listen to the news story...they'd rather freak out and call the store)....

when are all these recalls going to end???
    --AmericanZero8503--
    Telling Stories from the Front Line a.k.a Customer Service at a Grocery Store

It's not delivery....it's Digorno!

Sorry, I had to say it.
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Smartass

But seriously, it doesn't surprise me that people have problems with recalls. We all know that they only hear what they want to
      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I just saw a news snippet about "the pizza recall that could be in your freezer right now!"

(though I think it was from a few days ago since I've been watching the stuff I taped during the week)

OT, but I hate the news. Something in your fridge could be killing you! Tune in at 11 and we'll tell you what it is (after sports and weather, of course)! Dammit, I'm in bed at 11!
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Maybe it's an east coast thing--but I recall Dijorno is called "Deliscio" pizza, in Quebec, at least.

Thought it was a real lame name, too.

Comment

We haven't had any issues from what I've heard with the pizza recalls, but I did run into a lady last week who was looking for something for her 2 year old to take for a cold.

And we've had a recall on several infant cough/cold items due to the FDA receiving reports that these items don't work very well and have caused a few deaths.

So really, we didn't have anything on the shelf other than Tylenol drops and that's just to reduce fever. I've got holes in my section where I had cough/cold drops, but cannot get due to the recall nor do I know if these items will come back.

I basically told her about the recall and that the only advice I had for her was to contact her child's pediatrician. What items I have on the shelf are for older children (age 6 and up) and those items wouldn't work for a 2 year old because a 2 year old's system is extremely senstive and those items would be too strong for him.

Thankfully she wasn't sucky in the least over it . . .she was actually quite nice about it. But still who hasn't heard about the recall on infant cough/cold products?
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Why can't Papa John's pizza be recalled?
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                You don't like Papa John's pizza either? I hate that pizza with a passion! My husband loooooooves the pizza. Go figure.

When the Topp's Meat company had their recall, I e-mailed the info to my mom - she actually had some of their poduct in her freezer. Good thing I told her about it! I sent her the info about the pizza stuff - but i don't think she has any.

Comment

Because The Dude won't allow it!
                  ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                  And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth idrinkarum View Post
                    You don't like Papa John's pizza either? I hate that pizza with a passion!
                    I loathe it. Probably the only pizza I can't stand.

Quoth JustADude View Post
                    Because The Dude won't allow it!
                    And you started to rule the world when...?
                    Unseen but seeing
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Booooooooo.....

I like Papa John's. But then again I also like Dominoes and Pizza Hut.

The only pizza in town I dislike is Pizza Pit. I've taken to calling it "Pizza shit"
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

:snort: Pizza Pit.

I don't know why, but I. Just. Do. Not. Like. Papa. John's.

It's right up there with public school pizza.
                        Unseen but seeing
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

It's probably your local Papa Johns. The one around here sucks tremendously, but the one that delivered when I was in Oklahoma was the best damn pizza place to ever put cheese on bread.

Also, the Little Caesar's back in California was pretty good, but the one around here is only technically edible.

Most Pizza Huts are pretty good, but the more I look at local pizza places, the more I'm convinced these people don't know what a pizza is supposed to taste like.
                          Flood

Comment

After living in NY for 14 years, I won't eat anything other than good, thin crust, NY style pizza. None of this stuffed crust with 14 different kinds of meat cheese, and veggies on it. That Brooklyn style at Dominos is decent, and I'll also eat Cozzoli's and Sbarro.

it's so hard to find good pizza in Arizona.

Comment

Pizza Express tends to make reasonable pizza, but anywhere else, you'll be lucky to get even the crust right.
                              A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Working...
                              X