This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recalls

I gotta ask, what is it with customers who are too thickheaded or just unwilling to accept that recalls are in place for a reason and they are not, I repeat NOT, controlled by me, the lowly retail peon that I am. A month ago, a woman comes to the register with her tweensie daughter and adorable stuffed animal in tow. Yep, you guessed it, stuffed puppy was apparently a deviously well-hidden danger in disguise. I explained that said puppy was recalled and unfortunately I could not sell this item, only to be assaulted with the eternal wine "But there were mooooore on the shelf!!" I admitted that may be true, but that means most likely the recall was very recent and associates hadn't the opportunity to pull the other recalled items yet. And the coversation vaguely went as follows:

B: Me, the lovely Bainsidhe of course
    SC: Stubborn aka Sucky Customer

SC: "Well what if my daughter grabs another one?"
    B: You mean a different stuffed animal?
    SC: No, another one
    B: ...
    B: All of the same type of stuffed animals are recalled. The computer simply will not allow me to make the sale.

And here folks, is how I pass the buck from my lowly peon self when opportunity permits. I said "You can speak with a manager if you want, but they will tell you the same thing. This item has been recalled and I cannot sell it. Period."

Que more whining and irritated remarks until she finally asks for a manager. Me, happy to ablige, grabs a CSM and gives a quick rundown before the face-to-face showdown with SC. Meantime, the tweensie daughter stands silent and wide-eyed a short distance away. CSM explains that no can do, no recalls can be sold. Ultimately, daughter is sent in search of a different (as in not the same, this time) stuffed animal and comes back with another little fuzzy wannabe. This one rings up fine, but I am silently agape at the $15.00 price tag for a teeny, little, ugly stuffed monstrousity at a discount retail store. I mean, it really wasn't worth the price tag. SC didn't even blink, paid the tab and left. This experience wasn't really sucky, just kind of annoying. I don't understand why we can't convice people that we CANNOT sell recalled items. Sorry, but no way no how.

Anyhoo, that is my rather wordy addition.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
      OT, but I hate the news. Something in your fridge could be killing you! Tune in at 11 and we'll tell you what it is (after sports and weather, of course)! Dammit, I'm in bed at 11!
      You should listen to Ellen Degeneres' HBO special. She mentions this specifically. Plus she's hilarious.

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
        And you started to rule the world when...?
        *checks watch* Oh, about 5 days ago now. Shush, though. It's a secret.

Besides, like Flood said, every Papa Johns is franchised, so you're probably just having bad luck with making one. If we ever get in the same location, I'll buy us the same pizza from the Papa Johns where I used to work, which does GREAT pies, and whatever other place you want, and we'll compare. Deal?
        ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
        And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

If you're ever in Detroit stop by Buddy's Pizza or Shield's Pizza. Best pizza ever.

OT about the news. Media tends to exaggerate everything. For example: Coming up at 11, why you shouldn't watch Futurama while wearing a black t-shirt.*

*: Even though there is a .1% chance of it happening to you. We still just want viewers.
          The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

The local Papa John's here is a bit greasy, but otherwise quite tasty.

The local Pizza Hut is outstanding, if you like Pizza Hut.

The local Round Table is some of the best pizza I have ever had the pleasure of eating, but it's expensive. And there is a not-so-local Round Table near a friend's place that has the absolute worst pizza I have ever had the misfortune of attempting to eat. The cheese was like tasteless plastic, and the crust could have been cardboard, it was just that bad.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Flood View Post
              It's probably your local Papa Johns.
              Nope, different Papa John's in different cities...even different states.

Quoth JustADude View Post
              *checks watch* Oh, about 5 days ago now. Shush, though. It's a secret.
              :calling the billboard people to make the announcement:

Was it a bloodless coup--all smotherings?

Besides, like Flood said, every Papa Johns is franchised, so you're probably just having bad luck with making one. If we ever get in the same location, I'll buy us the same pizza from the Papa Johns where I used to work, which does GREAT pies, and whatever other place you want, and we'll compare. Deal?
              Deal.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

:calling the billboard people to make the announcement:

Was it a bloodless coup--all smotherings?
                Oh, no... not unless you count pulling the air-plug out of some idiots' ears smothering.
                And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Wait wait wait wait... wait a minute......

if I read the OP correctly. Did this lady want to return a "recalled" (not really) Pizza that she had already eaten??? And worse, given her the runs?

That means that what she was intending to return.... possibly hidden inside the pizza box....

No, I can't do this, I can't say it, hell I can barely contemplate it....
                  I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

I forgot to mention this earlier in the thread, but... Just before the potpie recall of last month, Mommy bought me oodles of potpies while I was in WI. Never got around to eating them.

I wonder if they're still in the freezer...

Oh, no... not unless you count pulling the air-plug out of some idiots' ears smothering.
                    Simpsons quotes/references are wasted on you.
                    Unseen but seeing
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I forgot to mention this earlier in the thread, but... Just before the potpie recall of last month, Mommy bought me oodles of potpies while I was in WI. Never got around to eating them.

I wonder if they're still in the freezer...
                      Actually...the ones you bought were involved in the recall. I know this because I had to check the ones we sell (sold, actually, for some reason we don't sell them at the moment...), and so I knew what to look for on the ones at home.

Mom ate them juuuuuuuuuuust before the recall and she's just fine.
                      I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
                        Actually...the ones you bought were involved in the recall.
                        Just my luck.

Glad to know Mommy was fine afterwards.
                        Unseen but seeing
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Simpsons quotes/references are wasted on you.
                          Um...yeah... haven't seen that show since like sometime in Season 2.

Comment

Damn. All you people are making me hungry for some good pizza. Thank gawd I'm going to the Chicago area later this week - I'll be having some Lou Malnati's pizza while I'm.

For those of you who enjoy deep dish, give it a try if you ever have the chance.
                            Be a winner today: Pick a fight with a 4 year old.

Comment

What was wrong with these pizzas?

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                                What was wrong with these pizzas?

Rapscallion
                                Perhaps they were somthing else in disguise?
                                A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Working...
                                X