This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Listerfiend View Post
    In response to your second story, my store also allows "price adjustments" like that, sans merch. And like your story, 99% of them end up only refunding $10 or less. Yesterday I had a customer with an order that was about $100. She had a page with our coupons on it--one was for 10% off of the entire purchase including sale items. The other was for 25% off of regular-priced items. I ask her which one she wants to use, assuming it would be the 10% (seeing as most of her stuff was sale Xmas and Halloween stuff). Nope--she opts for the 25% (because the number is higher... and she's also an idiot). She saves a whopping $5.38. Leaves, and about 45 minutes later returns. Sheepish look on her face.

Damnit--she wants to do the 10%. I try to do a void on the previous transaction, but since it didn't let me, I had to return everything... Long story short, it took me ten minutes and she saved an additional whopping $3.00!!
    The irony in these situations? It usually costs as much, if not more, in gas to get to and from the store to get the refunded difference!
    A smile is just a grimace that's been edited for public consumption. -- Tony Cochran

Comment

Quoth TwoScoopsSciath View Post
      At the snack bar, I used to get people trying to pay in all change. Then they'd get all snippy because I'd have to count it myself just to be sure. They'd yell at me for not believing them, I'd let them know I was just making sure there hadn't been any mistakes for their sake and then I'd need to start all over again. So it took twice as long, until they figured out that I move faster when they're nice to me.
      I've only had one customer accuse me of "not trusting him" when I checked the pile of change he gave me, and ironically it turned out he was over by 30 cents.

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
        I gotta say, these types of business practices must go! It only encourages entitlement whores to go for gold. Or for roughly $7.00, in this case. It's one thing if it happens during or immediately after the transaction (oops, I forgot this coupon in my purse), but to come back later?? C'mon, that is just poor business.

You obviously never worked at Home Depot. This is a common practice there. I hated it that is why I no longer work there.

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
          One couple I rang out, took their money, and started to make change, and my mind went absolutely blank. So, seeing as the screen facing me didn't have their change on it, I leaned over to see the screen that faces the customers, and commented, "I hate this register, it needs a line for 'change' on my screen."
          OOH!! We have that register too! I have only rang on it about twice since they got the damned thing, but I HATE it.
          And the keys are configured differently too. I can't find the "lookup" button half the time.

I love the "in my day...we could count" people. Just want to slap them all.
          you are = you're. not "your".

Comment

Quoth simplyanother View Post
            And the keys are configured differently too. I can't find the "lookup" button half the time.
            That was the majority of the reason I was slow on that particular computer. All the keys are entirely different from all the other registers in the store! I have the other layout memorized, for the most part, and then I got stuck on that register, with no clue where anything was, so I was reduced to hunt & peck.
            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
              I've only had one customer accuse me of "not trusting him" when I checked the pile of change he gave me, and ironically it turned out he was over by 30 cents.
              I had that plus a guy who threw his money down and just walked away with an open milk. When I saw him, I informed him that he owed ME 75 cents because I made up the difference so I wouldn't get in trouble for the till being off.

Comment

Working...
              X