Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shut the f*** up during the 2 minute silence, arsehole!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shut the f*** up during the 2 minute silence, arsehole!

This Sunday was Remembrance Day, where we honour those who gave their lives in the World Wars with a 2 minute silence at 11am. This time, one dingus thought this didn't apply to him, and after everyone else went quiet, he continued talking til his missus poked him and hissed at him to shut up. -.- And yes, we had 3 announcements leading up to 11am telling everyone about the 2 minute silence. Is it really too much to ask that people shut their fricking traps for 2 minutes to honour those who gave their lives for our freedom?
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

You mean a 2-minute silence in your store to commemorate the day? I'm surprised anyone even listened to the PA's announcing it.

(Looking back on most of my posts, I'm thinking maybe I'm a bit too cynical.. )
    My Myspace, add me!

Comment

You think you're cynical? Fark, I'm surprised most people even know what Veteran's Day/Rememberance Day is.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

They'd listen if we were given huge baseball bats and duct tape to enforce it. xD
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth RammsteinGirl View Post
          You mean a 2-minute silence in your store to commemorate the day? I'm surprised anyone even listened to the PA's announcing it.

(Looking back on most of my posts, I'm thinking maybe I'm a bit too cynical.. )
          here in aus it's a nation wide thing, i wouldn't know how well it's followed though, since i work nights and am well asleep by 11am
          It is better to be the hammer than the nail.

Comment

I went to church once where the priest asked for a similar moment of silence.

He talked the entire time.

WTF dude? Moment of silence =/= us listening to you talk. That's called "the rest of the time."
            Current Faith in Humanity Meter:
            {|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||}

Comment

You know, I'll probably get shot for this, but every time Lace or another Brit CSer makes a thread with curse words in it, I try to picture the British accent incorporated with "fucks" and "shits" and "arseholes"

It makes me giggle.

You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I made a thread in Check it Out where someone on fanfiction.net wrote a fanfic involving this particular day. Here is the link to the thread which has a link to the fanfic.
                My Fanfic Page
                My Fiction Page
                My Social Group
                My Pet Social Group
                My You Tube Channel

Comment

Quoth MrDelirious View Post
                  I went to church once where the priest asked for a similar moment of silence.
                  He talked the entire time.
                  So did my teacher once... At the 50-year "anniversary" (is that the correct word?) of the occupation of Norway during WWII, the entire country was instructed to keep two minutes of silence in rememberance. When the instructions came over the PA system at school, the teacher got everyone to rise... and then started talking about what he remembered from that year.

Some student actually had to hiss to him that he should shut up.
                  Any resemblance between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.

Comment

You needed to announce a sale on the P.A. system just before announcing the moment of silence. Use their selective listening to get their attention and TRAP them with it.
                    Think. It's not illegal yet.

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                      You know, I'll probably get shot for this, but every time Lace or another Brit CSer makes a thread with curse words in it, I try to picture the British accent incorporated with "fucks" and "shits" and "arseholes"

It makes me giggle.

Well... we at least spell the word "arsehole" correctly. XD
                      My DeviantArt.

Comment

A lot of people object to "seconds/moments of silence" because they think it pertains to prayer, blah blah blah, "separation of church and whatever". I think they're just blowhards who object to being told to shut the fuck up for any length of time. Assholes indeed.

Let us honor the veterans who never complain about ungrateful SCs and people in general who won't trouble themselves to clam up and remember the sacrifices veterans made for their freedom.
                        "I used to be Snow White... but I drifted."~Mae West

Comment

This is quite possibly one of the most uncivilised things you can do, let me honour those who have made the ultimate sacrifice, I'm not praying as I'm atheist, but I'm giving a couple of minutes to ensure that we will remember them. If you have a problem with that come see me after and we'll talk, but during, not on your nelly.

I've noticed that at football matches and the like (when a player has died et cetera) they are tending to hold a two minutes applause, try ruining that.
                          Last edited by crazylegs; 11-12-2007, 03:32 PM. Reason: to be less fratchingesque
                          A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

The best way to honor our hard-fought-and-won freedoms is to remain civil when discussing such an emotional topic as this. The veterans who fought to secure our freedoms also fought for our freedom to hold differing opinions, so please watch the name-calling and sweeping generalizations or else move this to Fratching. Thanks.
                            Not all who wander are lost.

Comment

Yeah at the Friday assembly at the high school I was working at had a special Veteran's Day assembly to honor veterans. It included WWII veterans alongside those that fought in the Korean War, Vietnam, the Gulf War and Iraq and there were a few kids that decided to goof around, not sit still and silent during the ceremony, and a couple that wouldnt even stand up in honor. It was really irritating to me. After the assembly a teacher in the lounge remarked about how some kids today dont even seem to grasp the concept of respect. Another teacher said, "Yeah, well there are many parents that dont have respect for anyone either".

Comment

Working...
                              X