This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid Customer (short)

this happened to my boss, not me, he just told me about it after.

I've started a new job, i'm in training as a car painter, i figured we'd not have SC's.... how silly of me...

One of my first days, an old lady comes in with old Audi, with a quite dented right front door, the body shop pull the dent out a bit, so the job is easier for us at paint, we finish the job, and my boss headed to call the owner of teh car, the owner was happy it was finished, and we were happy to be done with it.
    Suddenly we get a call, a very angry old lady screaming through the phone, boss returns, laughing a bit and shaking his head.

Aparently... she had crashed the car, given it to us, and not told the owner of the car, she didn't want him to know... obviously not telling us about it (as my boss said, he'd have denied her if he'd have known)

Who borrows a car.. crashes it, gets it fixed, and gives it back to the owner hoping they won't notice? so wrong in so many levels...
    Rawr

Not to bash old drivers.. but we had an old lady back out of her space, without looking behind her, bad hit the cap parked behind her (in the other row behind where she was), took a wide turn, hit the car parked next to her, breaking the tail light and putting a big dent in it. It just so happened that I saw a police car enter the lot and I ran up to flag him down. I had to go in after that, but I later learned that she had a license, but forgot her glasses and decided to drive anyway. I don't know what happed to her, though.

Comment

Quoth Hemily View Post
      Who borrows a car.. crashes it, gets it fixed, and gives it back to the owner hoping they won't notice? so wrong in so many levels...
      It does seem odd. If she's willing to take full responsibility by paying for the repairs and doing all the legwork to get them done, then why not just come clean?

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
        I later learned that she had a license, but forgot her glasses and decided to drive anyway. I don't know what happed to her, though.
        Were she in my state, she would have had her license suspended for driving without her glasses.
        "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
        .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Hell, my father and I were eating dinner downtown one day and an old lady crashed her land yacht Buick into a pole and the newspaper stand!

I'm willing to bet an entire paycheck she's still on the road.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

After years of driving full-sized vans, the kids were grown, so my mom decided to buy herself a Lexus. A month later we get hail so big it dented her roof (not very common were she lives). About a week after getting it back from the shop we went shopping. As we walked up to the car we noticed the bumper was kinda "wrong" as she went around the drivers side she noticed the entire back drivers side was crunched in. An elderly lady had come around the corner (too fast?) and instead of hitting the break she hit the gas.

Comment

For some reason, down by the seacoast in New Hampshire I would hear about elderly people getting into accidents all the time, especially since those stories usually made the front page in several of the area's newspapers. One of the more recent ones that comes to mind was where an elderly lady hit the gas instead of the brakes and got her car wedged into the lobby of a post office. Nobody was in the lobby at the time but it took some talent to get it in there the way she did. I believe that in New Hampshire you now have to take an on road driver's test every time you renew your license once you hit a certain age. They really should have a law like that in Vermont because I see some scary old timers driving when they come to the bank!
              Suddenly, Vermont became the epicenter of the dystopia.

Comment

Quoth GolfCart34 View Post
                For some reason, down by the seacoast in New Hampshire I would hear about elderly people getting into accidents all the time, especially since those stories usually made the front page in several of the area's newspapers. One of the more recent ones that comes to mind was where an elderly lady hit the gas instead of the brakes and got her car wedged into the lobby of a post office. Nobody was in the lobby at the time but it took some talent to get it in there the way she did. I believe that in New Hampshire you now have to take an on road driver's test every time you renew your license once you hit a certain age. They really should have a law like that in Vermont because I see some scary old timers driving when they come to the bank!
                In Arizona, "every time you renew your license" is:

EVERY. FIFTY. YEARS.

I wish i was kidding. Yes, fifty. Five-Zero. I'll be 71 before I'm mandated to renew the license. Seventy One.
                Current Faith in Humanity Meter:
                {|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||}

Comment

Working...
                X