Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The one time my boss approved of my swearing.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The one time my boss approved of my swearing.

My boss hates my 'bad' mouth. I do swear. Too much. I try not too, but it does just blurt out without me even thinking of it. Buuuuut this dipcrapola pissed me off.

Customer: *Wants pack of smokes, looks old enough so the boss lady doesn't card him, he uses a credit card, she asks him to sign it, it doesn't even look close to whats on the card, so she asks for his ID*

That's when the customer lost it. He starts screaming at her, attempting to rip stuff out of her hands. She tells him to leave, (First giving his money back of course ). But he won't have it.

Customer: You *beeping* <Insert bad word for Asians that start with C> go back to China!

Me: *Eyes turn red, nobody insults my boss around me* "Hey F you man, go F off!!"

CUSTOMER: SHUT UP!!!! AND F YOU YOU <Insert same word>. He finally gives boss lady the card so she can give him his money back. Then does the greatest thing a customer can say, that he'll never come here again.

My ride got there, boss lady told me not to worry with her patient super smile. She also told me good job, but I don't know why.

I go home, sleep, go to work and the swing guy was telling me when I came in.
    "DUDE! Boss said you said F off to a customer, and it was the first time she agreed off that word! What happen?!"

(Boss lady has a habit of hinting at something, but not explaining).

I love my boss. She alittle small, but I've seen her dish out far more bark/bite to bad customers. My co-workers also agree that we're all scared of her. Because frankly she is scary when she's mad. She won't yell at you. But she will screw you over. Badily. I've seen it.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Well, I guess it's good that your boss let you get away with swearing on this occasion. At least you got rid of the SC!

Then again, perhaps not the best way to handle it. You probably should have said to the customer "I won't tolerate you insulting my boss or anyone else here. Please leave the store now", in a very firm tone of voice.

On the other hand, I'm not going to go around pretending that I don't swear, especially when something makes me really angry - like the SC obviously did to you.

So, there you have it.

Comment

I figure that if they start talking like that to you, you have every right to refuse service- Thus they are customers no longer.

Then you are free to say what you want to them, professional or not.

Comment

I understand the language issues and the anger problems. Once upon a time my former boss sent me to a anger management class/training session. I was a bad seed.... LOL

And yeah, I agree with you telling him to eff off, once he crossed the line he was no longer a customer but a piece of trash that needed disposing of.
        My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

Sometimes I wish we could take care of irate SCs the way they did in The Fifth Element. That'd shut them up plenty fast.
          I love mankind ... it's people I can't stand. -- Linus Van Pelt

Comment

Quoth Ill_Used_Heroine View Post
            Sometimes I wish we could take care of irate SCs the way they did in The Fifth Element. That'd shut them up plenty fast.
            Never saw that movie....

Comment

This is related. It contains racist language. Please don't get mad at me, as I was furious at the person using it.

I was "barking" for a gentleman's club. Barking meaning I would stand in front of the establishment using my ample vocal chords to attract business to said club. I would also talk to people who would come up to ask questions about said club, answering their questions as best I could.

A guy in about his fifties approaches me and asks about the dancers. The conversation went something like this:

SC: "Are the dancers pretty hot?"
              JESTER: "Yes, sir. Best in Key West!"
              SC: "Are you sure? Last time I was here they were all snake charmers and ni**ers."
              JESTER: "Ex-CUSE me?!!?!"
              SC: "I said the last I was here the girls were all sand ni**ers and blacks."
              JESTER: "Dude, you need to GO."
              SC: "What about the dancers?"
              JESTER: "I said you need to GO. NO ONE talks about my dancers like that. You are NOT welcome at this club. Get the hell out of here before I get security."

I was breathing fire. Racist asshole.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Tria View Post
                Never saw that movie....
                Let's see, if memory serves, a third guy pretending to be our hero, Corbin Dallas, attempts to board a plane as Corbin Dallas, ticket taker tells him she only has one listing for CD, and he's already checked in. She then disappears into the floor of the podium (which is enclosed in shatter proof glass) CD #3 beats on the glass, trying to get her to return, and guns on poles drop from the ceiling, arresting CD#3 until the police can get there.
                "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
                X