Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yet, another adventure in the express check out!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet, another adventure in the express check out!

I've stated this before, and I'll state it again. There is no such thing as an express line in South Florida, no matter what store you go in. My favorite department store lately is Target, mainly because the personnel are friendly and courteous, unlike Wal-Mart. I went to get a baseball cap for my son, and a t-shirt for my daughter. That's it, and it's an easy exchange, right? Don't bet on it.

Only two lines were open, including the express. In the regular line, there was this mom with her two kids, and one of them was complaining about how he wasn't allowed to get something. In the express line, two elderly ladies were there with about six items, and the entire time it was, "Are you sure you want this dish? It looks like it's damaged." "No, it looks fine to me." "Yeah, but it looks like it has a mark on it." Then, after it was decided they would keep this precious dish, it rang up wrong! So, I then had to wait for this price check, and kept listening to this woman go on about how damaged this plate looked, and mumble to nobody in particular.

Meanwhile, the line with Mom and her two kids, despite her having about thirty items, moved lightning fast, and that was when I decided to get behind them. Lo and behold, I checked out within two minutes, and the old lady was still going on about her damaged dish, and waiting on the price check.

I certainly hope Target never installs self checkouts, because these people would certainly mess it up for the rest of us who know what we're doing, plus check our goods to be sure they're not damaged before announcing it to the entire store.

Express checkouts? What's that?

That is what I hate about self checkouts. If the slightest little thing goes wrong, you have to wait for a while for something to come and help. I only use them if I have 1-2 items. And if any is open when I get to them. i would rather pay a little more at Target and get great customer service. And not shop at Walmart and feel like a criminal.
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I bet the people in the "express' checkout didn't read the sigh right. It seems like half the time when the customer says the price is wrong it was because they just assume a sigh fro 2 for $5 on cereal applies to pickles.

Comment

Quoth greensinestro View Post
        Express checkouts? What's that?
        That's where you get to express your displeasure about the SCs in front of you.
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

The grocery store down the street from my old apartment had self check-outs and they HATED me. They would always turn down my card no matter what. (at a certain time they close down the regular lines and you have to use the self-checkouts. I'm not THAT masochistic to choose to go to them.) After much insisting my card had plenty of money to cover my $20 worth of groceries, they'd ring me up on a regular lane and it would go through....
          "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

Instead of item limits at express check-outs, how about a new policy? Say, you have 90 seconds to complete your transaction or you will be shot on site?

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Similar thing happened to me last night. I had stopped in to the grocery to pick up a couple of things. When I came to the check out, the express had about a half dozen sheeple in it. The next regular check had one lady beginning to unload her full cart. I peered down at the end, and the check out at the very end had one person just gathering up their bags.

I scampered down there and was out the door before the first person at the express check out.

Is it just me, or does my story sound kind of like Goldilocks and the three bears?
              "smacked upside the head by the harsh of daylight" - Tori Amos "The Beauty of Speed"

a sucking chest wound is merely mother nature's way of telling you to slow down - Arm

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
                Instead of item limits at express check-outs, how about a new policy? Say, you have 90 seconds to complete your transaction or you will be shot on site?
                Great idea. I'm surprised Stephen King has not made it as one of his short stories. He's had plenty of other doozies, like "The Library Police" or that one with the marathon, and if you did not keep up, you were shot dead. Sounds great to me.

Comment

Working...
                X