Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha ha love the picture of the Sucky Charms.

But seriously I know that I don't like to have an over eager sales person when I am shopping. But if someone says something to me I always say something back, its just plain rude if you don't. I think it is about time we are allowed to carry around rolled up newspapers, so that if the person is being rude to you for no reason you can pull it out and whack their nose. Maybe that will either knock some sense into them or deter them from annoying you again in the future.
    Am I sad because I am looking forward to the day when the people I will be dealing with will no longer be able to talk back?

Comment

I've known people like that - i used to work in a bookstore. I usually smile and say "hi, I'm fine, thanks, how're you" if they ask the "how're you" question... if they ask the "may I help you", i usually smile, say no, thank you, and go about my merry way. I don't like bothering people if I don't have to, and while I know it's a salesperson/greeter's job to be rightthere in case you do need the help, I always hated that part of the job. Still, the woman had a serious case of the "fuck yous" and needs a swift kick in the pants and a judicious application of a 2x4 to the back of the head!!
      "FUCK NO I DON'T WANT YOUR FREAKY ALIEN MOTHERSHIP ORANGES. " - Cookiesaur
      ~~

Munkie's NaNo WC: 9648

Comment

Quoth Forensic Waitress View Post
        Ha ha love the picture of the Sucky Charms.
        Thanks! Fungus and XCashier gave me the inspiration to make it.
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Very well Done Goddess! Nice!
          For civilized discussion about broadcasting, media and sports along with fun games to play, visit:
          http://atriumforum.com/
          Emphasis on Michigan area broadcasting, but ANYONE is welcome!

Comment

That Sucky Charms box was the best, lol.
            1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
            -----
            http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Quoth depechemodefan View Post
              I don't mind greeters. I do get annoyed that I go to a counter and the person has the back turned.
              (sorry for the slow reply)

it does get annoying, I'll give you that. but we have a glass partion which I turn around to at every oppertunity. if you were waiting for me, it really would only be about a minute, at best.
              -The one, The Only, AdvancedFlea-

Stick that in your blog and smoke it.

A guide for customers about retail

Comment

And the reason why people who can't wait for that minute to end just can not say a polite "Excuse me" and would rather slam their hand on the counter or falsely clear their throat in that annoying manner you'd thought existed only in bad sitcoms, is just beyond me.
                "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

I actually have no problem with people who fasley clear their throat or cough to get attention, its when they do things like, as you said, bang the desk, or throw their keys onto the counter and sigh distainfully, I've even had one guy shout "Oi you" at me. Thats when it annoys me

Comment

Well, I'll admit they're several ways of clearing one's throat to get people's attention, and it can range from the awkward "I don't know if I should signal myself, they look busy" to the arrogant "I require your full attention right now. In fact, you should have known I was coming by the moment I thought about it and should have welcomed me by kissing my feet and thanking me for honoring you with my presence".

Yes, some people can carry that much in just a *cough*. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.
                    "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

I have to say, I tend to be the former. I hate drawing attention to myself in places like that purely because I know what it can be like for the person behind the screen sometimes. But I've had people do the latter to me...and I've seen people do it when I've been a customer waiting in line.

Comment

Working...
                      X