This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banding Together!

This is one of the greatest things I have ever witnessed.

One night I while I was on register the power went out. At the time, I was checking out my (now ex) boyfriend's father (we'll call him Mr. M), and he had about a $20 order. Well, because the power went out, you were pretty much SOL if you didn't have cash with you because our card machines and check machines didn't work.

And of course, Mr. M. wanted to pay with a check and only had about $3 cash on him.

I felt horrible; this man's wife died about 5 years ago and both of his sons have moved out and he has nobody and he will occasionally give his sons money when they need it. He's such a sweet man who has had to deal with so much and now he has to deal with not being able to buy his food!

Suddenly a woman behind him says "I think I have some extra money . . . hang on . . . yeah . . " and hands him $5.
    "Oh, wait, I think I have some too . . . here."
    "How much more do you need? Hang on . . ."
    "Umm . . . here . . . this is all I have, but this should help."

Together a bunch of other customers in my line were able to help Mr. M buy his groceries! I chipped in what little I had, but my customers were SO awesome! I wish I could have done something to thank them all!

Mr. M was so grateful. I would have been too!

To all my AWESOME customers from that day:
    ~*~"If your gift is that of serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching." -Romans 12:7~*~

thats awesome to hear
    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

What a GREAT story!!!!!!!!!! We need more of those!!!!!!!
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Where I work, the power only went out once when I was on duty. Fortunately, we had backup power so our card machines still worked but put a limit on how much cash back a customer can get back on a debit card (we didn't have a limit back then).
        My Fanfic Page
        My Fiction Page
        My Social Group
        My Pet Social Group
        My You Tube Channel

Comment

It's people like that who give me hope for humanity. What a bunch of AWESOME people, i should send them cookies or something.

Comment

I should have bought them all candy bars or something; I was so proud!
            ~*~"If your gift is that of serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching." -Romans 12:7~*~

Comment

Working...
            X