This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roger Blough at Engineer's Day

As some of you probably know, I'm a huge fan of ships. Last Friday was Engineer's Day at the Soo Locks. This is where they let you visit parts of the Locks that aren't open to the public. It is also a chance to see the ships up close and pretty personal. One of my favorite ships is the Roger Blough and she passed through the Locks at the beginning of Engineer's Day.

http://michiganexposures.blogspot.co...neers-day.html

Sweet.

If you ever get to CT, let us know, I can get Rob to tour you through the USS Nautilus berthed at the sub museum so you don't have to use the taped tour.
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

And some pictures of the event itself.

http://michiganexposures.blogspot.co...soo-locks.html

And thanks for the offer. I've been on the Nautilus before and it was pretty awesome. Interesting contrast to the U-Boat.
      Last edited by mikoyan29; 07-02-2012, 10:58 PM.

Comment

When I was a kid (mid sixties) I had a Sailor cap (the white round kind) that was aboard Nautilus on her trip under the North Pole.
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
          When I was a kid (mid sixties) I had a Sailor cap (the white round kind) that was aboard Nautilus on her trip under the North Pole.
          How fun We have some arctic water from a trip under the polar ice by the USS Spadefish Rob got his Bluenose and Magellan on the same trip, around the world north of the arctic circle

My sister was given a set of mickey mouse ears by Annette Funicello - Annette visited Sloan-Kettering when she was a guinea pig for trying cortisone and something I can't remember for leukemia since this was in 1957 and I was born in 61
          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Working...
          X