This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One word: Coinstar

Aw, man! And you know they'll get all SC when you have to count it.

http://cheezburger.com/6372075264
    "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

I once had a customer try to pay with ten pounds in pennies. I refused it cuz a) counting it would take all day, even with the machine and b) it wouldn't fit in my till anyway. I told him there was a Coinstar accross the road.

I mean, jeez. -.- If you have to empty your penny jar to fill up your car, then visit Coinstar first, dammit!
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Comment

I once had an SC try to pay in pennies and nickels (the bill was something like $30); I politely refused and advised them of the Coinstar ten feet away, mismanager A forced me to take it, then yelled at me when she had to count my drawer (and was in turn yelled at by ASM who had seen the whole thing).
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

I always love the SC's who bitch about the fees coinstar charges. As if that's an excuse to pawn your shitty change off on a hapless cashier, and tie up a line in the process.

i save change too. When it's time to cash it in, I either go to my bank (you know, a BANK!) or, if the bank is closed, I suck it up and go to coinstar and pay the fee. After all, I'm the one who has chosen to save the change. Why inconvenience other people with it? Then again, I'm not an SC.
        "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

At least it was rolled unlike this guy.

http://notyourbestday.com/post/26641...bles-their-pin

Comment

I try to use up smaller change in vending machines.
            Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
            Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
              <Snip> (you know, a BANK!)<snip>
              Tell me of these mystical and mysterious things! Well at least you would think they were with how some SC's act that is.
              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

"What do you mean you're not a bank! You have drawers with money and you give it to people!"

...yes, but we generally give back less than we get which means goods are being sold.
                "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

This reminded me of a day when a customer bought a $200 item and paid in toonies and loonies.

Thankfully it was a slow day and we really needed the coins so this guy was more of a godsend than a hassle.
                  I AM the evil bastard!
                  A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

I prefer to pay Coinstar's fee rather than spend ages counting and bagging my loose change from the moneybox, but then I'm lazy like that.

Not lazy enough however to go to the store with a bag of pennies and annoy everyone around me by trying to use it to pay for stuff.
                    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                    My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                    X