X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who are you thinking of?

Akinator, the Web Genius
    This game asks a series of yes/no/maybe questions to determine the fictional or non-fiction character you have in mind.

He got both of my selection on the second try.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Holy crap, that's weird. My first was Alexander the Great, no too difficult, but the second was Richard Blackthorne from the novel Shogun. I have a new way to waste time until I stump this thing!!

Edit: It got Captain Ahab and the Punisher, but I busted it on Robert Falcon Scott and Ana Khouri! Whoo-hoo!

More Edit: It got Thomas Covenant but not Yoahitaka Amano.

More More Edit: It got Fox Mulder but thought of Miss Havisham instead of Lady Dedlock. Oh holy shit, it just got Randolph Carter. I AM STOPPING NOW I MEAN IT.
    Last edited by AnaKhouri; 07-10-2012, 11:58 PM.
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

First time around, it got me.

Second time around, it was stumped by the first round of questions, but eventually guessed Elizabeth Corday.

It also got River Song first time around, but took 40 questions to get Captain Jack Harkness.

I eventually stumped it with Susan Kennedy/Kinski/whatever from Neighbours.

It then got Neri from Ocean Girl, but I stumped it with Jason Bates (also from Ocean Girl) and proceeded to stump it again with Riana from Spellbinder.
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

This is just like 20Q...fun.

It beat me on James Kirk, Jo Grant and Miles Vorkosigan. I beat it on Prince Planet and Warlock.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I stumped him on Guerrero from "Human Target".
          I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

Comment

Wow, that thing has a good database. Was able to guess Arya Stark from A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones!

And it guessed Boudica on the 3rd try!

Defeated it with Magda Lorne from the Darkover novels.
            Last edited by 42_42_42; 07-11-2012, 01:14 AM.
            Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

o.o Thaaaaaaat's freaky.

Correct Guesses: Captain America, Harry Dresden, Sailor Moon, Jack Kelly (Newsies), Acheron (Dark-Hunters)

Misses: Chris A. Conrad (actor), and Graf von Krolock (Tanz der Vampire)
              Last edited by firecat88; 07-11-2012, 02:29 AM.
              "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

So I ran through the entire True Blood cast. And by rounds I mean that if he hasn't guessed after the first round of questions, I continue until he gets it.

It got Sookie 1st round, Bill 2nd round, Eric 1st Round, Tara 2nd Round (including the Season 5 developments ), Lafayette 2nd round, Jessica 1st Round (which surprised me a little), Jason 2nd Round (and I was basing it off the book version where he becomes a werepanther )....

ETA: 3 rounds to get Pam. 1 round to get Alcide. 1 round to get Hoyt.

And I finally stumped it with Maryann the Maenad
                Last edited by fireheart; 07-11-2012, 01:11 PM.

Comment

last time i played i had it stumped on some characters from the Paksenarrion series

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                    This is just like 20Q...fun.

It beat me on James Kirk, Jo Grant and Miles Vorkosigan. I beat it on Prince Planet and Warlock.
                    It took 70ish questions to get Ivan Xav Vorpatril, 56 questions to get to Al Giordino [Dirk Pitt novels] and it totally missed out on Admiral Sandecker [Dirk Pitt nocels]
                    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Hmmm...Pokemon time!

It got Ash in one shot (not surprised), Iris in one shot (o.o) but for some reason it took 2 rounds to get Cilan.

And it took 30 questions to get to Piplup O.o

So I ran through the current lineup of Ash's POkemon.

Managed to stump it with this little guy:

Known as Tepig.

Comment

This site is amazing and freaky good at guessing.

I showed it to my mom last night, and we were shocked that it managed to get Lizzie Borden-- without any questions relating to "has your character killed anyone".
                        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

It 2 rounds to Guess Samwise Gamgee, and Tommy Callahan. Guess 'the Bandit' on the first round.

I stumped it with Prof Albert Wickwire from Brisco County, Jr
                          Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

I went with D-Boy From Tekkaman Blade and it nailed it.

That thing is eerily accurate.
                            I AM the evil bastard!
                            A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

heh. of course sometimes it's fun to use semi-obscure characters too.

such as... say... Paks' paladin mount.
                              Maybe I should try a round to see if it will guess the Doctor's bow tie...

update: stumped. but someone else did try it as well i think...
                              Last edited by PepperElf; 07-11-2012, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X