This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death in the family

I was informed today that my cousin (older than me by 10 years) passed away over the weekend. They think it could be suicide, but they are not ruling out foul play. Her boyfriend, who she met just a few months ago, had an outstanding warrant for something, not sure what yet, and was arrested.

She had a ton of issues with bi-polar disorder and other personality issues. She had serious problems with her strict father, who she rebelled against. Only recently she started to speak to him after years of estrangement.

Personally, I didn't really have much of a relationship with her. As part of the family, she sort of estranged herself from everyone else. My parents had visited her as she was trying to retie the bonds, although due to my schedule I was never able to join them.

She's actually a very active member of the Internet community, including a very active forum (no, not this one, but I don't want to mention which one it is at this point). She even sparked a few little memes in the late 90s, some of which you might even be familiar with. One thing I found as I searched her screenname was shortly after she met this new boyfriend, all of her Internet activity nearly ceased. The aforementioned forum seems to wonder where she went. I am contemplating informing them, although I really feel too much beside myself to do that right now. Maybe a little later. I know when we lost Plaidman, we all appreciated his friends and family informing us of the news.
    Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
    Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
    Fiancee: What?!
    Me: Nevermind.

Im sorry for your loss. I wish peace for your family during this difficult time. Sounds like she had a hard life.

I think, when you're able to of course, that informing the forums where she was a regular would be a nice thing to do.

Comment

I'm sorry for your loss. The signs point to at least her BF being controlling and separating her from her online support system. When you can tell the forum(s) she was active on of their loss. I'm sure her internet friends would appreciate it.

Comment

Wow, so sorry for your loss. May she rest in peace.
        "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

I am so sorry. May she find the peace she couldn't find in life.
          Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

Many condolences

"That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
            "What IS fun to fight through?"
            "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

I'm so sorry for your loss. You are right about her Internet friends being informed, but that can wait until you feel up to doing it.

Comment

I appreciate the condolences.

Quoth Akasa View Post
                I'm sorry for your loss. The signs point to at least her BF being controlling and separating her from her online support system.
                That is definitely what's on my mind, as well, although she has had times in the past where she would be so depressed or emotional that she wouldn't show herself online for months at a time. It seems like a bunch of things happened all at once; she left her husband, quite abruptly I may add, then a little later found this guy.

It's definitely possible we're looking at the symptoms of depression or her personality problems instead of the symptoms of abuse. I'm not ruling either out at this time.
                Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
                Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
                Fiancee: What?!
                Me: Nevermind.

Comment

I'm sorry, how sad. I hope she's at peace now. And I hope you find some peace, as well. It's always hard for family and friends when there is uncertainty about this.
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Hugs from Ivory Kitty and I. Sending peace your way.
                    In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                    She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

My condolences for your loss.
                      Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

*hugs*

Lots of hugs and prayers.
                        1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                        -----
                        http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Working...
                        X