This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone play chess?

I used to play chess online with a relative who's no longer playing due to some personal problems, and I really miss the opportunity to enjoy a game with a friend. So I was kind of wondering if any of y'all might be interested in playing with me. I play at chess.com, which can be accessed through the website obviously, or they have free android/iphone apps. If anyone's interested, let's swap screen names.

Oh... and while I enjoy chess, I am not remotely good at it. I'm more about the social interaction with someone I (sort of) know. I'm learning, but if you want a serious challenge, that's not me!

I don't play all that often, but my username over there is joanpd. I enjoy the game, but am not that good at it.

Comment

I play, but I've never played online. I'll check the site out later.
      My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

I played when I was a kid. I almost joined the chess club.

I might check out the site too.

There was this really old PC chess game I had a few years back called "battle chess". The pieces were literal representations of their characters (i.e. Bishop, Queen etc.). The rook turned into The Thing . Whenever the two pieces met, they'd fight.
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
          There was this really old PC chess game I had a few years back called "battle chess". The pieces were literal representations of their characters (i.e. Bishop, Queen etc.). The rook turned into The Thing . Whenever the two pieces met, they'd fight.
          I loved that one. Had a family friend put the marvel and dc characters into it too. And as a special gift to me a couple versions of TMNT...

Comment

I signed up over there, same name as here.

However, I am a Night Shifter, and that is when I am online. This is ~12AM to ~8AM EST. Unless you are a night owl (in the US) I probably won't be able to play against you. There is some variation to my online availability, but this is the best time.

SC
            "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

The rook turned into The Thing . Whenever the two pieces met, they'd fight.
              And the rook would EAT its vanquished enemies. (The queen, at least, iirc.)

Comment

And this is why I love GoG.com.
                I AM the evil bastard!
                A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                  And this is why I love GoG.com.[/URL]
                  I'm so lazy that I'm on the cusp of spending six bucks to NOT dig my CD out. I'm so cheap I'm chiding myself for thinking about it.... Thanks for the angst, lundar!

Comment

I got the NES version!

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                      And the rook would EAT its vanquished enemies. (The queen, at least, iirc.)
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sftgNAJBynY''

He does eat the Queen, he just smashes the rook.
                      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

There was this really old PC chess game I had a few years back called "battle chess".
                        I remember that game!! My cousin and I used to play just to watch the pieces fight.

...there's a slight chance we might have been strange children.

Comment

If knight defeats queen, her spell reflects off his shield and destroys her. Bishop simply liked to create a hole and make pawns disappear.
                          Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
                          X