This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• am i wrong for wishing this?

A very dear friend of mine recently suffered a mild heart attack (hes fine now), and listening to his story of how he felt before, during and after the procedure and watching him loose weight (he was well over 400 pounds when this happened), and just his general upswing in happiness and life...he said "I didn't realize how bad it was until after they cleaned me out....and felt like a new man."

Has made me wish another friend of mine, also severely overweight, would get this kinda wake up call, or something less drastic, cause words don't phase him any more.

while I'll admit I'm heavy, I'm working on getting it down. Diet (changing the way I'm eating), and excercise (walking around the park where my niece plays), I also have VERY low blood pressure, and at a mild risk for diabetes.
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

I know what you mean. After last years wake up call (one year ago next week), I look at everyone who is substantially over weight and think "What is going to happen to them?" I want to help. I want to encourage them. Before they have to go through what I did.

I put off the physical because "I knew what the doctor would tell me." Maybe being told I was Type 2 diabetic would have got me moving in the right direction sooner. So if you have not had a physical in a couple of years, get it.

On the plus side, it scared The Wife too. We are in this together (that helps). I am happy to say that she pulled a couple pairs of jeans out of the "Garage Sale" pile as she can wear them again.

Good luck to you and both of your friends.
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Working...
    X