This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking For Decent Video Editing Software

I'm thinking of doing some basic video editing for a AMV. Does anyone have suggestions for a decent piece of software? I'll need to capture the video, edit it, and set it to music. Maybe some simple fades. Something good for a newbie would be appreciated.

PS--I used to have software for this, but it is sadly way out of date now. I just haven't done this sort of thing in over a decade, and got inspired again the other day.
    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
    Hoc spatio locantur.

For something really basic, Windows Movie Maker will get the job done. And it's free! I use a Diamond VC500 for video capture from the TV to my laptop. The editing software that comes with it isn't bad, but I'm still figuring it out. For the most part, it's drag and drop the files where you want them as far as timing goes, but I'm not sure how to mute one file and not the other. I've never tried, lol. Just beware that they are fairly large files and they take FOREVER to save.

I've also heard good things about Hauppage capture cards, although they tend to be more expensive. The Pinnacle Dazzle also seems to be a good beginner capture card. It's less expensive and from what I understand fairly user friendly. Although most of the reviews were either 5 stars or 1 which leads me to believe you either get a really good one or a really bad one.
    I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

I use iMovie since it comes free with the Mac. It does a decent job.
      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Working...
      X