X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My lovely ordeal with Sprint.

I just want to get this out somewhere.

Back in December I went to Radio Shack and signed a 2 year contract with Sprint. I went home and realized that I can't get service at my house, ( I live in the middle of nowhere) even though the service map says I should. Sprint has a 14-day grace period where you can cancel your contract without any cancellation fees whatsoever. Basically, I should have owed nothing.

Imagine my surprise when I got a bill for 500 dollars at the end of January. They were trying to say that I cancelled two weeks later than when I really did. To make a long story short I called Sprint numerous times and talked with a whole lot of people that promised me it would be taken off. Right.

Thursday, I got in contact with someone in the cancellation department and faxed her my receipt from when I cancelled my contract. (I would have done this earlier but I thought I'd lost it and one of the people I talked to called the Radio Shack I went to and confirmed that I cancelled the day that I actually cancelled.) Today I checked my balance on Sprint's website and my balance was 9 dollars (for the time I actually used it.)

After 3 months and many, many phone calls it's finally over.

Now it's rant time. It seems really weird to me that the date they said I cancelled was like one day out of their 14-day grace period. I don't know if it was Radio Shack or Sprint that messed up but.. yeah.. this definitely not a fun experience.

Quoth agirlfromnowhere View Post
    After 3 months and many, many phone calls it's finally over.

Now it's rant time. It seems really weird to me that the date they said I cancelled was like one day out of their 14-day grace period. I don't know if it was Radio Shack or Sprint that messed up but.. yeah.. this definitely not a fun experience.
    Sprint is very difficult to work with; their customer service is terrible and they make a lot of mistakes in collections. Canceling your account can be very difficult.

When I moved to North Carolina, I held off an getting a local number at first, then decided to change it. I'd long been off any kind of contract.

Multiple tries, in the store and at home, and the number change would not take. Long waits on their customer service line and no dice.

So I cancel and get a pay as you go cell phone with a local number.

Sprint continues to bill me after I cancel. After much fighting the billing stops, but they insist I pay the balance. I tell them to go to hell and take me to court.

Nothing for three more years. But it popped up on my credit report when I wanted to buy my house, so I had to settle the bill: a whopping $27.

About a year after closing I get a call from a zombie debt collector, trying to collect on the $27, which I'd already paid.

I tell them to get stuffed, and that if they either continue to call or if they put it on my credit report I'll have the FTC on them so fast it'll make their heads spin.

Never heard back
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
      Sprint is very difficult to work with; their customer service is terrible and they make a lot of mistakes in collections. Canceling your account can be very difficult.
      Yeah, that's the truth. I know I never want to deal with them again.

Comment

Working...
      X