Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It may not be soda, but I gave up chocolate for Lent, and I am actually succeeding ^^ no idea whether it's done good though!

I now only try to drink Sodastream if I want fizzy. It's still sweet but I can put in just enough syrup to flavour the water, rather than a whole capful. I have also avoided the caffiene addiction (coke and coffee - blech!) and I'm lucky that I have an aisle full of dilut-y red stuff drink in our supermarket - when I last mentioned it to a Yank friend they said they had nothing of the sort.
    "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

Sparkling water with lemon slices. It's my favourite drink in the world. You can also add mint or cucumber slices if you like, but I prefer the citrus
      The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

thought about soda stream, but decided we didn't drink enough soda to justify buying it.

although it does remind me of the devices i saw in the late 70s, early 80s that allowed you to add carbon dioxide bubbles to drinks - anything you wanted, be it milk or juice etc.

Comment

Stevia is pretty much the best one of the lot. Aspartame is probably the worst. I had to drop my precious Coke Zero on doctor's orders so I know what you're going through >.>

Comment

I fell victim to the lie of "Have diet soda so you can eat real cake" last year.....I drank Diet Dew instead of regular. It kept my weight down maybe a pound or two for the time it was.

I quit soda all together a few years ago for a few months. Barely lost any weight to brag about. I was furious because everyone else I knew quit soda and dropped nearly half their weight. Then again, these were people who could go through a 12 pack of soda a day or two.

The verdict was....I drink a lot less soda than the average person does (one 20 oz bottle at work everyday that lasts the whole 12 hour shift, or on my days off, one or two cans of soda) and I drink anywhere from 4-8 bottles of water a day, so I'm fine.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

is it bad that … i can't tell the difference between Diet Coke and Coke Zero? What does it taste like to others?

although for sweetener, i recently switched to some aldi off-brand cos it was less than 2 dollars for the giant baking bag - as compared to over 7 dollars for the same/similar thing packaged as splenda.

Comment

Well, I've decided to make the jump and cut back on my soda intake. I was going to keep it to no soda, period, but I've since switched that to one soda a day. I have most of a case of bottled water leftover from this past fall that's just taking up space in my trunk, so I'm now taking in several of them to my desk at work and just pouring it into my cup at work.

It's going to take some adjustment, both in terms of expecting the sweetness of soda, and my body adjusting to the scale-back in caffeine, but it should be better for me in the long run. Next step-- getting more exercise.
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                  is it bad that … i can't tell the difference between Diet Coke and Coke Zero? What does it taste like to others?
                  Diet Coke tastes more artificial / chemically than Coke Zero to me. Like you can really taste that its aspartame. The more aspartame something has in it the worst it tastes really. Because the more of it you taste the more your brain realizes it is totally not sugar in any way shape or form >.>

Straight aspartame is really nasty.

Comment

ah, that's probably why then. i don't think my body cares much what kind of fake sweetener it is.

Comment

I swear, there is something in that diet coke cause i'm getting bad...

I'm pathetic and week, its not even a full week is it? LOL

I'm almost out of genmai tea too....fuudddggeeeee

Plenty of cold barley tea though, thank goodness.

Comment

I used to live on Coke when I was a teenager; not Diet Coke, but full fat cuz I hated the taste of diet drinks. I still do, by the way, but I no longer drink nothing but. My fave drink at the moment is sugar free fizzy flavoured water; it doesn't have aspartine or anything nasty and chemically in it. Otherwise, I drink squash or milk. I can't drink water. Yes, I know everyone's going to laugh at this, but I can't drink plain water; I haven't been able to do so ever, even when I was a child, cuz it tastes of nothing. I think the water aversion might be down to my Aspergers, but I'm not sure.
                        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                          . I can't drink water. Yes, I know everyone's going to laugh at this, but I can't drink plain water; I haven't been able to do so ever, even when I was a child, cuz it tastes of nothing. I think the water aversion might be down to my Aspergers, but I'm not sure.
                          I know quite a few people like this.

My mother, for one. I rarely see her drink water.

Comment

my dad doesn't drink enough water either. mom's finally at the point where she's glad he just drinks something, even if it's wegman's calorie-free lemonade. he call it his "soda".

me… i can go without soda, although sometimes i do crave it. i also find that drinking coffee and tea is fun, though i usually use that fake sweetener i mentioned.

but part of that is because we don't have soda here right now. if we have it here (unless it's a bottle for him only) then i'll drink it up. i can't wait the way he does. so needless to say the last time we had soda here* it was 6 bottles (20 or 24 oz, i forget) - 3 for me and 3 for him. i finished mine off within 2-3 days. he finished his … in a month.

so not having it here makes it easier for me to not drink it like it's water.

* except the coke in the fridge for mixed drinks. for some odd reason i can resist full-sugar coke.
                            Last edited by PepperElf; 03-25-2013, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                              I can't drink water. Yes, I know everyone's going to laugh at this, but I can't drink plain water;
                              I can't drink plain water either, I just don't like it. It is like drinking something without flavour and I like flavours.
                              Final Fantasy XIV - Acorna Starfall - Ragnarok (EU Legacy)

Comment

I agree. Water tastes awful to me, like lead. I can't stand it.
                                Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
                                X