X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unfortunate name much?

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...-1227290954782

I have no idea if this is an actual name or not, although given some of the names I've seen through processing enrolments at work lately (such as "Man Suk Cho" and "Fook Ye See Too"*), I wouldn't be surprised if it was.

7/11 were also running a promotion yesterday where if you bought a large slushee from them, you could name your price and they'd donate the money from the sale of said frozen treats to the cause. I didn't buy one. Why? because it's farking freezing yesterday!

*-I am not making this up. Another name I found was "Richard Foward." What did we used to call Richards?
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Reminds me of a NASCAR driver, Richard Trickle
    Seph
    Taur10
    "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

Or a former MLB pitcher, Richard Henry Pole.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

One of my father's former coworkers was named Richard Head.
        At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

My mother went to school with people with the last name of Raper. I once tutored a woman with the last name of Roach.
          This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

At the university I knew a lady named Crystal Ball. When introducing herself she volunteers that her parents have an odd sense of humor. One of our tax office steadies is named Jasmine Rice.
            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

had a customer named Richard Raper. I'll just leave it at that.
              Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
              Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

I had a friend whose first name was Nudis (sic). It was't an ethnic name, he's as Southern as it gets.

I also used to watch a show called Double Divas, and they featured an UNBELIEVABLY "well-endowed" woman by the name of Norma Stits. They kept saying her name and I thought they were insulting her, but no.
                Last edited by Aragarthiel; 04-04-2015, 08:41 PM. Reason: Add the last part
                The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

A woman I worked with said she used to know a guy named Dickie Dong. I had a customer named John Udick. Another's name was Green Savage. (This was 20 or more years ago).
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I just got off the phone with my grandmother and she wanted me to tell this story:

She once worked for a hospital that, on occasion, would create a fake patient (under a name like Mickey Mouse, where people could tell it was fake) to help with their computers doing something-or-other. Well, she had a friend who was named Donald Duck. He kept getting deleted from the hospital's records (among other places, like the DMV), because everyone thought it was fake name. This caused MANY foul-ups, to the point where he had to carry his birth certificate everywhere with him to PROVE that he was a real person. He was arrested a couple of times because he was pulled over and the police thought he had a fake ID. I don't know if he ever changed his name or not, but I would hope so.
                    The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

One of my high school math teachers was named Donald P. Ness

Comment

Quoth Aragarthiel View Post
                        I also used to watch a show called Double Divas, and they featured an UNBELIEVABLY "well-endowed" woman by the name of Norma Stits.
                        My guess is that it's either a stage name or she did a legal change of name. I've heard of a couple "well-endowed" nude models - one was in North America with the same name you mentioned, the other was in Britain and had the name Norma Snockers.
                        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

One of the librarians at my high school was married to a man named "Harry Dick".

We. also apparently had a semi-regular customer at the library named "Zero Love"......no idea if they were male or female, just that this person is around my mom's age. (had to look up their account info for something once)
                          Last edited by KellyHabersham; 04-05-2015, 04:59 AM.

Comment

I attended a church for a while whose woman pastor's maiden name was Catherine Fluck (pronounced to rhyme with duck). The name was unfortunate enough, but when she decided to become a pastor, it was just that much MORE unfortunate. Good thing she fell in love and got married .... she clearly took her new husband's name !

Comment

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
                              I attended a church for a while whose woman pastor's maiden name was Catherine Fluck (pronounced to rhyme with duck). The name was unfortunate enough, but when she decided to become a pastor, it was just that much MORE unfortunate. Good thing she fell in love and got married .... she clearly took her new husband's name !
                              Was his name "Pastor" by any chance?

There was a call-in segment on one of the radio stations back home a while back that asked for stories of people who worked in particular occupations and had a last name (or first name) that matched the occupation (ie a stripper with the actual last name of Knockers). One of the ones off the top of my head was a carpenter with the last name Wood. There was also a plumber with the first name John.
                              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
                              X