Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's always the possibility that the person mentioned in the OP did not supply their real name.

I've no idea where they might have gotten the name, though.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

A rather well-endowed friend of mine decided to keep her maiden name when she married. Her husband-to-be's surname was Grabem...
      "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

When my dad was at school, he used to sit next to a girl called Olive Hoyle. I've known a girl called Jo King and a man called Sydney Harbour.

My favourite one, though, is a man that my mother used to work with, whose surname was Sitch. His first name was Ralph, which doesn't sound so bad - unless you just use the initial in front of the surname.....
        Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

A friend of my sister's used to work in a hospital and swore that a patient wanted to name her newborn daughter "Chlamydia" because she'd heard the word and thought it was pretty. They had to finally tell her it was illegal to name your kid after a disease because they couldn't talk her out of it any other way.

No idea if that was a true story.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
            A rather well-endowed friend of mine decided to keep her maiden name when she married. Her husband-to-be's surname was Grabem...
            That's not uncommon these days. A married couple friends of my partner and I are married, with the wife not taking the husbands surname. I actually didn't realise they were married until someone explained it to me!

Quoth MoonCat View Post
            A friend of my sister's used to work in a hospital and swore that a patient wanted to name her newborn daughter "Chlamydia" because she'd heard the word and thought it was pretty. They had to finally tell her it was illegal to name your kid after a disease because they couldn't talk her out of it any other way.

No idea if that was a true story.
            There was an episode of ER where two of the med students were doing a NICU rotation and one of the new mums wanted to name her baby boy "chare kirk" pronounced "chair." I think they wound up rethinking it.
            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

A couple of fake funny ones I've heard are Heywood Jablome (pronounced "Ja-blow-me"), and Richard Cranium (aka "Dick Head")
              Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

At my first job, their was a client who's name was Andrew Richard Dick. So he was A Dick Dick. His school years must have been hell. His wife's initials were S S Dick.

When working in London and Dublin, I came across a number of not so great names but can only remember a woman named I. Fulaluv (pronounced like Full-a-Love).
                A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

I went to High School with "Brandy Alexander"
                  Local Urologist: Dr Richard Tapper. (insists on being called 'Dick')
                  My gym teacher in Elementary school was 'Mr. Ball'
                  Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

There was an algebra teacher at my high school who was named David Cline. D. Cline.
                    The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

Quoth drunkenwildmage View Post
                      I went to High School with "Brandy Alexander"
                      Local Urologist: Dr Richard Tapper. (insists on being called 'Dick')
                      My gym teacher in Elementary school was 'Mr. Ball'
                      Either you don't live far from me or there is more that one Richard Tapper the urologist.

Comment

My daughter took classes in the "Dick Science Building" (Vestmuenster College, SLC, UT)
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Waggy6 View Post
                          Either you don't live far from me or there is more that one Richard Tapper the urologist.
                          Depends... Are you from the land of the 'Mud Hen?'
                          Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

My niece is named Certyn Leah Legg...when it is said fast it sounds like "certainly a Legg" and I used to have a customer whose actual first name was "Pepsi"!!

Comment

What, no Li-a in the house?
                              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I went to school with a girl named Anita Hardick. That wasn't too bad though - her eldest brother was Richard.
                                The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                                X