X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocky Horror Picture Show Remake

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/04/10...cture-show-fox
    "Of all the liars in the world, sometimes the worst are your own fears." – Rudyard Kipling

I don't have hot flashes. I have short, private vacations to the tropics.

I see no POSSIBLE way for this to backfire horribly.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Part of me is thinking, "This cannot possibly end well."

Another part of me is thinking, "Well, at least they're going by the original script..."

No matter what, I'm sure people will be waiting in rapt antici....
      Last edited by EricKei; 04-12-2015, 06:28 PM.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

.....SAY IT!!!!
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

...pation.

"For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

But seriously, this is the most pointless remake since they announced the remake of Ghostbusters. And really, what's with all these remakes, anyway?! Hollywood needs to come up with new stories, not rework perfectly good old ones.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
              Hollywood needs to come up with new stories, not rework perfectly good old ones.
              That requires Hollywood to actually think new ideas and new stories could be profitable. And no one in Hollywood is usually willing to take that risk.
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

The guy who's directing it directed two of my favorite movies, so I actually have high hopes for this thing.
                "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Studios don't like to take risks. Familiar stories are also easier to write, and have a certain guaranteed audience. Even if a remake is controversial (e.g. Ghostbusters), that's a good thing! It means more people will have heard of it, and more people will go and (in theory) check it out ASAP once it's released. That's pretty much what they're banking on.

Comment

With RHPS, a remake is NOT a good idea. After all, certain audience behaviour is standard for RHPS showings. How many theater owners will take the added cleanup costs into consideration and decide "this movie is no longer profitable to keep showing" even though the theater is full? It would definitely cut into studio profits if the movie "folds" before the first weekend.
                    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

The theater aspect won't apply unless a special showing is arranged TV movie only. Which means, they go by Nielsen (which was recently pretty much proven to be BS), and they will make their money well ahead of time by selling ads. That would certainly explain their willingness to take something like this on...

Comment

Cue flood of damage claims for flatscreen TVs in 3...2...1...
                        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Good commentary on remakes.
                          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                            No matter what, I'm sure people will be waiting in rapt antici....
                            Quoth XCashier View Post
                            .....SAY IT!!!!
                            Quoth EricKei View Post
                            ...pation.

Quoth wolfie View Post
                            With RHPS, a remake is NOT a good idea. After all, certain audience behaviour is standard for RHPS showings. How many theater owners will take the added cleanup costs into consideration and decide "this movie is no longer profitable to keep showing" even though the theater is full? It would definitely cut into studio profits if the movie "folds" before the first weekend.
                            Over here, I believe most of the cinemas that did a Rocky Horror airing charged a little extra on the tickets for specifically that purpose. Although some also did include a gift bag in that price which had some of the items used (some of the less messy ones anyway) for showings. (The rest were outright banned)

I wanted to go last time they did this, but because of the crappy timing, we opted not to do it. Instead we'll have a crack at it this year and I fully plan on dragging along a number of my archery club buddies (most of whom are Chinese or Korean, English is not necessarily their first language) for the spectacle
                            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                              :
                              Instead we'll have a crack at it this year and I fully plan on dragging along a number of my archery club buddies (most of whom are Chinese or Korean, English is not necessarily their first language) for the spectacle
                              Fireheart you are INDEED EVIL
                              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
                              X