This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Food Poisoning, Yay!

So yeah, I have food poisoning. Or something. Been trying to rest all day, but it's making me dizzy. Really hate having to do the whole "watch how much water goes down your gullet lest you puke again!" thing. Laying down makes my back and neck hurt, sitting up makes me tired, dizzy and confused for some reason.

Hey though, you know what's awesome? Those Up and Go Liquid breakfast things! Stops me being hungry, but if I eat it, I don't throw up!
    Any one else have an awesome miracle food for their pukey times?
    Patient has severely impacted cranial rectosis. There's probably no cure. - Overheard in ER

Peppermint and ginger ale.

If you can keep it down, something like Gatorade or Powerade will help replenish electrolytes. I also like Simply Apple juice when I'm sick. Water generally makes it worse for me.
    I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

I had a bug last fall and was nauseated and/or crampy for three weeks. The first couple of days, when I couldn't get out of bed, it was gatorade, graham crackers, jello, and my mom's applesauce. Which she had made for a family birthday meal, which I got to listen to people eat while I curled into a ball and moaned. Not that I was bummed out about it or anything. ;P
      My webcomic is called Sidekick Girl. Val's job is kinda like retail, except instead of corporate's dumb policies, it's the Hero Agency, and the SC's are trying to take over the world.

Comment

Lukewarm is the keyword for me, too hot and too cold will come right up again. Instant broth works well for me too, it's full of electrolytes and I like the taste.

Sounds like you are already quite dehydrated, if you're not feeling a lot better tomorrow a visit to ER might be a good idea.
        No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Flat (no CO2) and cold cola usally works for me.

Comment

Gatorade 50% diluted with water is strongly recommended.

Comment

the green (lemon lime)sports drink mixed 50/50 with flat warm clear soda, in small sips.
              Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth Latekin View Post

Hey though, you know what's awesome? Those Up and Go Liquid breakfast things! Stops me being hungry, but if I eat it, I don't throw up!
                Any one else have an awesome miracle food for their pukey times?
                Up N Go is GROSS. But hey, if it stops you puking I guess....>.>

My awesome miracle food was toast. plain toast.
                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

As for miracle foods, I got nothing. But I do have to warn you that if you forgot your lunch, and one of your options is a small grocery store offering both a salad bar and hot food, ALWAYS GO FOR THE HOT FOOD. I picked salad bar and got food poisoning the day after.
                  cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Ow. I'm alive. Tired and kinda wish I wasn't, but I'm here.

I really hope I can eat solid food again soon. My stomach feels a little better, but every time I so much as think about solid food, I get the nastiest feeling in my gut.

Which is a bastard, because my roommate is eating fast food and it smells amazing.
                    Patient has severely impacted cranial rectosis. There's probably no cure. - Overheard in ER

Comment

Salada biscuits are always good when my stomach is rejecting everything. Just eat them one mini square at a time and leave about 30 mins before the next one.

I also drink gatorade diluted in half with water.

Also for some weird reason flat macca's coke with the ice all melted. But flat normal coke makes me worse. Not sure why.
                      A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

What are Salada biscuits? Around here, Salada is a brand of tea.
                        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Pedialyte. We keep some in the cupboard in case our toddler gets sick, but my husband and I used it more than him last time he brought a stomach bug home from daycare.

I think it can last a for a year in the cupboard unopened, but it's better to get it cold when you need it. And you're supposed to toss it 48 hours after opening.

Oh, and you can get the unflavored and add Mio to it to make any flavor you want.

Comment

Bleargh, Salada. So far, I managed a peice of toast and a boiled egg.

Also, my doctor prescribed as many iciepoles as I want, because in his words (imagine the slightly elderly German Accent with me here folks) "zey are not just for ze little childrens, oh no, zey are for us adult childrens as well."
                            Pretty sure he's a someone's grandpa. It was a very grandpa thing to say.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                              What are Salada biscuits? Around here, Salada is a brand of tea.
                              A salada is basically a large cracker biscuit of sorts which can be broken up into quarters. Most kids in Aussieland would've grown up with these and tried to make salada worms with them. (they're fairly flat, so you stick a good heaping of Vegemite/Nutella/Peanut butter between two saladas and squeeze, so the spread comes out of the holes on either side. )
                              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
                              X