Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you deal with a dysfunctional workplace?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've started taking MMA, CSW (combat submission wrestling) and Brazillian Jui Jitsu, several nights a week both before and after work. Finding it very stress relieving and actually doing better when I pretend my sparring partner is a coworker or manager. Lol!

Comment

Try to see it like an adventurer/anthropolgist visiting a strange tribe in a strange land. Something like: "Tribe-underchief has an obsession with paper on floors, it might be a fetish or perhaps another religious practice."
      No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Quoth BeeMused View Post
        Try to see it like an adventurer/anthropolgist visiting a strange tribe in a strange land. Something like: "Tribe-underchief has an obsession with paper on floors, it might be a fetish or perhaps another religious practice."
        I just imagine myself in the middle of a bad sitcom . . .

Which is why I try to keep myself either in the back room as much as possible or busy working on a grocery aisle checking dates. I find I can usually avoid a lot of the drama that way.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I tend to be able to zone out and shut down if I'm not overly busy. I can spend a whole day running on auto-pilot while daydreaming.

If I am busy...well, I just try and imagine how many of my customers might be hiding terrible secrets.
          Patient has severely impacted cranial rectosis. There's probably no cure. - Overheard in ER

Comment

Working...
          X