Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think some people don't think or simply don't care about what they put out on social media. I have an ex of mine who literally puts every thought in her head on social media with no thought of how other people will take what she puts out there. Needless to say she always got upset when people questioned her posts or even got upset when she made a negative post towards someone.

I'm so glad to be distanced from that drama.
    New England Patirots... FIVE TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!
    New England Revolution... Will win MLS Cup one day.

Comment

Indeed, most people don't understand that you're anonymous on the internet only insofar as most people in the grand scheme of things aren't trying to dox you and anything you put up only goes unnoticed as long as you don't give anyone a reason to look for it...

Must be why so many people claim they've been "Hacked" on Facebook, when in reality, they just never marked anything private before they did that one embarrassing thing that went viral...........
      - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Interestingly enough this was an article on Graham Norton's show on BBC Radio 2 this afternoon.

*background*

One of the show's regular items is a bit where listeners can write/text/e-mail in to the station and ask for advice about a dilemma.

/background

The op asked for advice about a young male doctor friend. He's pretty buff, and is addicted to taking semi-naked selfies of himself and posting them on Facebook. A lot. To the tune of several each day.

She's overheard some of the senior doctors talking about this habit and they strongly disapprove, to the point that it's going to affect his immediate career as they don't believe that it reflects well on the hospital in general and their department in particular, particularly since several were taken in the staff break room.

Her dilemma was over whether or not she should tell him about the overheard comments and try to get him to stop, or whether she should let him learn the hard way that Actions Have Consequences (TM). Any takers?
        "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
          Her dilemma was over whether or not she should tell him about the overheard comments and try to get him to stop, or whether she should let him learn the hard way that Actions Have Consequences (TM). Any takers?
          I suspect he will find out about actions having consequences either way.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
          X