Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting start to the day at Dunks...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting start to the day at Dunks...

I went into Dunk's (Dunkin Donuts) this morning to get some breakfast and something for the office.

I walked up the counter and promptly ordered a 50 piece mcnugget.

Yeah, it was that early.

Hey, at leas the young lady at the counter and I had a great laugh (and I almost forgot to order my breakfast, too).
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

A while ago a coworker told me she was so tired she tried to order "purple" at Starbucks.
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

I had a co-worker who once answered the phone, "Classified Advertising, can you help me?"
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Do they even sell 50 piece mcnuggets? The largest I can get is 20.
        The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
          I had a co-worker who once answered the phone, "Classified Advertising, can you help me?"
          I was doing a temp job at a car dealership and got pulled from my regular duties one morning to cover the switchboard for the regular person who was running late. I got flustered and answered the phone "Thank you for calling <car company> of <city>, how may I disconnect your call?"

At least the guy on the other end had a sense of humor and laughed about it.
          At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

I remember one time answering my home phone with the greeting for my then-employer.

The caller was one of my co-irkers.
            "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

After working on drive-thru for ten hours, I was dressed in civvies and heading out the door when the store phone rang. I answered `Welcome to Tim Hortons, can I take your order please. Uh... That`s not right.`
              It was the store owner on the other end, a man not known for his sense of humour, but he just laughed and asked, `long night?`
              Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
                I remember one time answering my home phone with the greeting for my then-employer.

The caller was one of my co-irkers.
                *raises hand* guilty.
                I AM the evil bastard!
                A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
                  ...The caller was one of my co-irkers.
                  I have a home?
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Try having a day job at a law enforcement agency and answering either your home or cell phone with the work greeting... LOTS of hangups.
                    Weird...........
                    Why is stupidity not an arrestable offense?

Comment

When I was working at supermarket of doom, the night fill manager and I wound up transferring over to the same store.

Both of us at least once or twice wound up giving our old store name in the closing PA call. (So instead of "thank you for shopping at supermarket of doom A" it'd be "supermarket of doom B")

Our coworkers kept giggling over it.
                      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I went from working a cheap motel to an upscale resort. Very different levels there. A couple times, I used the old work greeting on accident. Fortunately the people on the other end of the line had a good laugh about it.
                        Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Working...
                        X