X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember kids, Social media is not your friend

http://rare.us/story/this-woman-comp...he-was-canned/

At least here, we have some anonymity. Even so, most of us are smart enough to disguise our location, where we work, ect.

Just don't do it on your (real name) public accounts.
    I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

INDUSTRIAL GRADE STUPIDITY
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
      INDUSTRIAL GRADE STUPIDITY
      And that's an understatement! Good luck getting _ANYBODY_ to hire you now, moron!
      Last edited by eltf177; 02-13-2015, 04:20 PM.

Comment

What a fucking dumbass, then she just plays it off like it was no big deal. I hope nobody hires her now, that's what she gets for being a twat.
        ......../\
        ....../__\
        ..../\...../\
        ../__\../__\

Comment

Seems like the person in the background was crying?
          "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

And the boss didn't even go looking for this; one of his workers came across it and shared it.

Good luck finding a "fuck-ass" job now that the entire world knows about your bad judgement.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

This guy put it best. Seriously, though; you have to wonder what she was thinking...assuming she was for the sake of argument.
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

A young local accountant found this out the hard way.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ice-probe.html

Follow up:

http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/updat...dent-is-fired/

Nearly a happy ending...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-driving.html
                "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                  This guy put it best.
                  Looks like someone is in violation of FERPA.

-----

Oddee has a list of people that tweeted themselves out of a job. They posted about a woman with a master's degree who did the exact same thing pizza girl did. That proves Ron White correct when he said, "You can't fix stupid. ...there is not a class you can take. Stupid is forever."

They also have this well known Facebook fail.

This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

The comments are staggering. Free speech!111eleventy!!!1

Do they not get why this is done? You can say what you want but you gotta be ready for the consequences!
                    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

As I like to say (because I paid attention in government class)

"Free speech only allows you to speak freely without government interference. It does not protect you from the consequences though. Other people are equally free to refute what you said, or distance themselves from you."

As in this case, the employer distances themselves from the former employee.
                      I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Quoth Gilhelmi View Post
                        As I like to say because I paid attention in government class.
                        I think 90% of the internet flunked that class, or never took it, or never got to take it. It seems like 9 out of 10 people railing against perceived legal/social injustices on the internet are making mistakes and assumptions that even 20 minutes of basic civics would dispel.

Like, threatening to sue someone for libel.... when nothing's been put in print. (Forget civics class, even GOOGLE gets that one right)

I particularly like how I, who took 4 years of prelaw and briefly worked as an auxilliary police officer in college, am frequently told I'm "ignorant of how it works" when I point out flaws in someone's logic who clearly has attended the Hollywood law school where missing the dot on the "i" of an arrest warrant means someone goes free....
                        - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

even more basically, freedom of speech is not, in fact, 100% without restriction. (for a basic example, if you claim to have a bomb in your suitcase at a TSA checkpoint,you should NOT be surprised when you miss your flight due to being grilled in detail, having been arrested.)

That's not even mentioning that if free speech was unlimited, then various forms of hate speech would also be legal ( although it is true that if you're sounding off to your fellow bigots, you probably won't be arrested. Try saying it to the actual group you hate? you may well have to face the consequences)

Comment

"hate speech" actually is legal

There is no way you can be arrested or face government-sponsored penalty for simply spouting bigoted opinions, attempts to criminalize such have always been tenuous at best and ultimately failed when seriously challenged on First Amendment grounds.

You cannot be arrested for stating racist/sexist things, assuming you don't step over the line and start advocating violence which is a well established limit on free speech no matter what the topic. You can no more (or less) get away with inciting a mob against a minority than you could inciting once against the IRS. And even then, it has to be pretty clear, nobody ever got sent to Sing-Sing for an offhand "someone ought to shoot that guy" comment.

Now, where people go wrong is assuming that because you can't be arrested/fined for saying dumb and ignorant things, then you can't face ANY kind of NEGATIVE reaction fro saying dumb and ignorant things.

And that's just not right either, other private individuals are more than free to end their relationships with you, or respond in kind with their own free speech when you chose to open your mouth.

The problem isn't so much people don't understand this, as much as they think their rights have been trampled when their incorrect definition meets the real one and loses. Then they become even MORE bent out of shape and destabilized over nothing.
                            - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Ok folks, we're starting to stray off the original topic and are getting dangerously close to Fratching territory. Let's get this thread back on track please.
                              "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Working...
                              X