This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Mr. Spock (and Admiral Bennett)

Sad news today.....Leonard Nimoy has passed away from end-stage COPD.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/27/ar...t-83.html?_r=0
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

I just saw that, too. Well...I suppose he certainly lived long and prospered, did he not? He will be missed.

May he rest in peace.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Many sad times are being had now.
      My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

I have no words. Only tears.

Comment

Damn! I was hoping this wasn't true

He was my first t.v crush I had back when I was in elementary school. I even got to see him & Shatner when they came to a ST Con in Houston

I had a bad feeling this day was coming & now it's here

Shit, this is worse than John Denver & Phil Harris wrapped up together

Godspeed Leonard, may DeForest Kelley & James Doohan welcome you home
          "Much butthurt I sense in you, cry like a bitch you should"

Comment

I'd heard he'd gone into the hospital but hadn't heard this. RIP sir.

He once said _everybody_ wanted to talk with him about STAR TREK but nobody ever wanted to discuss MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE. I did, and now I'll never get the chance...

Comment

Spock was always my favourite

Dakh'uh pthak. Nam-tor ri ret na'fan-kitok fa tu dakh pthak.

(Cast out fear. There is no room for anything else until you cast out fear)
              Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Apparently his final Tweet:

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- 1:36AM - 23 Feb 2015
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

What a loss.
                  Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Sad now

I saw him once at a con, years ago, but didn't get to speak to him.
                    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
                      I AGREE

Another legend gone from the scene. Too bad.
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Just heard this on the news.

I instantly gravitated toward the character when I was a pup, and my dad says that Spock kept me reasonably sane through the hell that was the latter half of my elementary school career.

RIP sir. I'm sure I wasn't the only geekling that you influenced.
                        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Heard it on the car radio as I was driving home. Very sad news. He was one of a kind, a good influence to millions, and will be missed.
                          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                          My LiveJournal
                          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I just found out from my hubs. I'm just heart broken. I wish I could have met him.

Comment

I did meet him once, after a lecture he gave in Omaha -- must be thirty years ago. Nothing really, just an autograph; I was too awestruck to say anything intelligent. It's just that I've admired the man for almost fifty years.

Damn, I'm crying again . . .

Comment

Working...
                              X