Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

That's not how it works...(with bonus parental stupid)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's not how it works...(with bonus parental stupid)

So in order to use our service, there are a few things that you need to provide to us:

-An enrolment form.
    -A method of paying us*
    -Your child's immunisation record.
    -If your child has special needs or dietary needs, a copy of their asthma plan/allergy plan/any useful medical information/any useful actual infomation.
    -For holiday care, a form outlining which days you want your kid to go.

If you do not provide these things, your child cannot use the service. On top of that, we also cannot quote you an out-of-pocket cost as every parents background is different.

One parent apparently decided that she wanted to book her child into one of our holiday services and sent us information (note us, NOT the school she wanted to send her kid to for the holidays). We sent her an email with this information and copies of the forms she'd need. That part got solved eventually, but every email the parent sent, she would ask about fees. In the end, we had to email the school asking for information. She decided on the worst possible time to do it as well, as we were nearing the end of the year and she had 8 weeks to ask us. On top of that, the parent information packs we sent out to all the new parents HAD A COPY OF THE ENROLMENT FORM PRESENT.
    Now my boss is freaking out as she has to deal with this parent directly over the holidays due to the fact that she's going to the school in question.

*-We do not take cash on-site. We have taken cheques on occasion if the parent has a good history with us and it's for emergencies. Otherwise parents either need to direct debit with us every fortnight, or direct deposit the amount into the account every week/fortnight/month/term. >.>

Bonus stupid:

This one's probably more a lack of organisation on the parents part.

So, any kids we have with allergies or who are anaphylactic have their medication on-site. The school has 3 epipens on-site, but the kids in question also have their own epipens if they need it. Two of the kids have little backpacks with their medication in it, as they have extensive allergies.

One of the parents cannot seem to get multiples of the medication and if her kid is going home with someone else, that parent will take the bag that is used by the school. Half the time that bag is not returned to us. Guess who gets blamed for it? We do!
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Years of day care between 2 kids of my own (they are 11 years apart) plus their school years has taught me the parents who should be the most prepared are usually the least. The ones who just bring a diaper bag in with 1 change of clothes and a couple of diapers instead of keeping a whole pack of diapers and a few changes in each kids special box, the kids who were on restricted diets for whatever reasons never having what they needed to eat, and seeing HUGE notes on cubbys because parents could not be bothered to fill out simple required forms. I loved my kids daycare teachers, but honestly I don't know how they didn't snap on some of these parents

Comment

Working...
    X