X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jester View Post
    "Can you make me a virgin Shirley Temple?"
    Quoth Jester View Post
    Precisely the point. She apparently thought that a Shirley Temple had alcohol in it. Specifically, she though grenadine was alcoholic. To be fair, they DO make alcoholic grenadine, but it is very much the exception, not the rule.
    I've heard that some bartenders (especially at places that don't go through grenadine very fast) will put neutral grain spirits into a freshly-opened bottle as a preservative, otherwise it'll go bad before they finish the bottle.

What would take the cake would be "Can you make me a virgin Rusty Nail?" (or other mixed drink where ALL the ingredients are one type of booze or another).

Quoth Jester View Post
    A sadly common one: "I have a coupon, but I left it at the hotel. Can I still use it?"
    Only if, before you order your drink, you go back to the hotel and get it.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
      What would take the cake would be "Can you make me a virgin Rusty Nail?" (or other mixed drink where ALL the ingredients are one type of booze or another).
      I could see Jester coming up with something snarky to say in response to that.

Something like, "One water, coming up."
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
        Thank you for calling <nationally know red roof> pizza place <blah blah>

Do you guys sell pizza????

Unfortuneately this "question" has been asked MORE times than I care to count.
        No, we sell vintage car parts. We only call ourselves a pizza place to confuse and confound people. Did it work? Great! Have a wonderful day, now. Buh-bye!

Quoth wolfie
        Or a virgin Long Island Iced Tea. "Here you go, one glass of unsweetened iced tea."
        Last edited by Kittish; 12-17-2014, 08:20 PM. Reason: Added snark
        You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

The stamps were all custom made..per the large print sign on the counter where the guy was standing (yeah, I know, they don't read), but this guy didn't ask for a kit or anything about how they are made..just asked if we had his address

Comment

Quoth Kittish View Post
            No, we sell vintage car parts. We only call ourselves a pizza place to confuse and confound people. Did it work? Great! Have a wonderful day, now. Buh-bye!
            That's like the Johnny Cupcakes store that only sells t-shirts.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

One of the common questions companywide at The Big Yellow Price Tag is "Where's your electronics department?" or some variation thereof. Except for appliances, the WHOLE DAMN STORE is electronics of some form.

The variation we got when I was at the Fantastically Awesome Old toy store was usually delivered over the phone, "Is this the toy department?"

One time I answered, "No ma'am, we only sell luggage."
              "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                "Where y'alls nintendo tapes at?"

Not making this up. Srsly.
                Could be worse I had a customer back in the day that insisted on calling them Kuh-ten-doze, despite looking right at the box and seeing the right spelling.
                "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

When I was working at a home improvements store -- i.e. Lowe's or Home Depot -- someone asked me where we keep the dog food.

I told her we didn't carry dog food, and she told me, "You used to carry it!"

Rather than argue, I just told her, "Well, I've only been here a couple of months. That must have been before my time here."

Quoth Trixie View Post
                  One time I had a girl ask me if she could have a page of stickers... She meant stamps.
                  My son actually did that awhile back. He asked my wife if she had any "stickers", and she gave him a confused look. She asked him what kind of stickers, and he told her he needed to mail out some bills. "Oh, you mean stamps!"

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                  "Where y'alls nintendo tapes at?"
                  For some reason, it always bugged me when people referred to game cartridges as "tapes." There's no tape in those things!
                  Sometimes life is altered.
                  Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                  Uneasy with confrontation.
                  Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Old Guy: What's the difference between a desktop computer and a laptop?

Me: BSOD

*after I had composed myself*

A desktop computer has a tower unit that the monitor, mouse, and other peripherals plug into, and the tower sits on the floor or on a desktop. Whereas a laptop sits on your lap. Like a burlesque girl amirite? *wink*

Just kidding on that last part.
                    Last edited by Irving Patrick Freleigh; 12-19-2014, 12:28 AM.
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Mike Taylor View Post
                      The variation we got when I was at the Fantastically Awesome Old toy store was usually delivered over the phone, "Is this the toy department?"

One time I answered, "No ma'am, we only sell luggage."
                      Here's your sign.

Quoth MadMike View Post
                      When I was working at a home improvements store -- i.e. Lowe's or Home Depot -- someone asked me where we keep the dog food.

I told her we didn't carry dog food, and she told me, "You used to carry it!"

Rather than argue, I just told her, "Well, I've only been here a couple of months. That must have been before my time here."
                      Maybe she was thinking of Menards. Even though they are a home improvement store, they also have a small selection of grocery items.

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                        For some reason, it always bugged me when people referred to game cartridges as "tapes." There's no tape in those things!
                        It's actually a common error for people of a certain age range. They came to associate the word tape with storage, so new forms of storage were 'tapes'. My wife's grandparents called CD's 'round tapes'
                        Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                          Quoth mhkohne View Post
                          It's actually a common error for people of a certain age range. They came to associate the word tape with storage, so new forms of storage were 'tapes'. My wife's grandparents called CD's 'round tapes'
                          For some of the early systems, the cartridge was roughly the same size as an 8-track cartridge, which DID contain tape. As for "round tapes", those would be reel-to-reel. Now get off my lawn, you young whippersnappers!
                          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                            For some of the early systems, the cartridge was roughly the same size as an 8-track cartridge, which DID contain tape. As for "round tapes", those would be reel-to-reel. Now get off my lawn, you young whippersnappers!

I still refer to CD's as albums, which may or may not be the proper term for them.

Comment

Quoth simplyanother View Post
                              when asked if they wanted their shrimp raw or cooked "What's the difference?", having them reply "Neither"
                              Somebody's not listening to the question. I've had a few of those myself.

"Would you like your free informational video sent to you on a VHS tape or a DVD?"
                              "What's the difference?"

"Do you want to stick with the 17-inch monitor that comes with this PC package, or would you rather upgrade to a 19- or 21-inch?"
                              "What's the difference?"

"Any questions today, sir, or anything I can help you find."
                              "Yes."
                              "Great. What can I help with?"
                              "Nothing. I'm just browsing."

"Will that be for pick-up or delivery?"
                              "Yes."
                              "Which one?"
                              "Oh! Delivery. We'll be there to get it in half an hour."
                              I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
                              - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
                              - IPF

Comment

We get some.... interesting questions here at the bank, too.

"Are my checks ready?"
                                *looks* "I don't see any checks. When did you order them?"
                                "No, my canceled checks!"
                                "Oh, you mean your statement. Here it is."

"What's the difference between a secured loan and an unsecured loan?"

"How much do I have to pay to open a checking account?"
                                Variation: "How much will it cost me to open a checking account?"

"Why did I get this below balance fee? I have over $100 in my account!"
                                "Yes, you do now. But on such-and-such day, your balance was under $100."

"Why did I get this overdraft notice? I got paid on the first!"
                                "Yes, but the checks which overdrew your account cleared on the 31st."

"Do you sell postage stamps?"
                                (What makes this one worse is the post office is less than a block away.)
                                "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                                -Mira Furlan

Comment

Working...
                                X