This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Food Lady View Post
    All day people kept asking me "Aren't you cold????" That drives me nuts for several reasons:
    Yeah, pretty much everything you said. Bonus points if they're dressed for spring like weather. If you're really worried about the cold bundle up, sweetheart.

I also get the "You MUST be cold standing up here?!?!?!" when I'm at the front register. What I really want to say is "Only because people keep coming in and opening the door." I do say that we have a heater by the register so it's not so bad. I just really tired of talking about it.
    I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

Corollary to this is "you got the heating on in there?"

Of course I have the heating on, it's freezing & our uniform policy doesn't allow me to be sat in this kiosk while wearing my explorer-spec uniform foul-weather coat (although I'm already bundled up under 4 layers...)

Don't you have the heating on where you work?
      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
        Don't you have the heating on where you work?
        They might not, or at least not adequately. Where my sister works they keep the temp low enough that several people wear fingerless gloves while typing.

But I can see how annoying it is for people to keep mentioning how cold it is. It's freakin' January! Most places in the US are cold.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
        X