X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun with PHONES again

2 equally fun stories involving phones from tonight

The locked door

NOW most apt buildings in my area that have locked doors ALSO have some sort of buzzer or doorbell system to alert a particular resident that someone is at the front door trying to get their attention.

Not so in this apt block/building (it has 8 apts on 2 floors). I have had problems before but at least in the past the customer was watching for me (the delivery driver)

NOT so this time. I attempted to call the customer and got the following message: "Per the phone provider, the CUSTOMER had dis-allowed ALL incoming calls." Now I guess this can mean that the customer is not accepting calls from outside of their white-list, the customer has NOT paid their bill this month and the number is temp disconnected, etc. I could not even leave a voice mail.

SO this time no one is watching for me so I COP knock on the locked front door hoping that someone will hear and come to see what is up.

Took 3 very hard and loud cop knocks to get someone's attention.

come on people YOU KNOW you have ordered delivery food. GET YOUR SHIT together and either watch for me or MAYBE temp unlock the front door.

BE a LITTLE more specific

my delivery area has enough strip malls that it sometimes drives us driver up the freakin wall. Each individual address ( and there can be more than one building in each strip mall) will have at worst several different suite numbers. NOW not all suites are marked with the proper suite number but WILL have a business name above the door. some only have the suite number above the door.

The problem is is that when an employee of a business orders on-line, most of the time they will give their name, the address (with the suite number) and a phone number BUT not include the name of the business. NOW we as drivers have to play "pin the tail on the donkey" and figure out the correct business to deliver to.

Use a few of the brain cells that you were born with and PUT THE NAME OF THE BUSINESS in the secondary address field. That alone would make my job so much easier.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

People sure do insist on making things far more difficult than necessary. I never will figure that out.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
      People sure do insist on making things far more difficult than necessary. I never will figure that out.
      Tell me about it.

How hard it is to say "Our address is 12345 Spaceball Way, we're the Litter Box at Scroob Shopping Center."

Of course, my coworkers will just either go to the pizza/sub shop 2 doors down the strip or walk up to the road to Noid Pizza that sits on the outparcel. We also have a Father Jim's pizzaria five minutes away.

Any way you slice it, it ain't rocket science peeps. All the more reason to pay attention to your surroundings. I mean, if you were in the middle of the desert and awaiting helicopter rescue, you'd need to give your precise location. You don't know that, you're screwed.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

We used to have to drive about a mile just to meet the delivery guy... We were outside their delivery area, but they would meet us at the local fire station because we were nice and never stood them up (and tipped well). So the idea of turning your phone off, or not giving the most basic information is just silly.

I also lived in an apartment complex which had the same name as the street. So if it was say Main Street, my complex name and address was 1234 Main Street Apartments #1. There was a bit of confusion with this. I'd give the address, and they'd reply, "which apartment complex on Main Street?" And I'd explain the deal and give the nearest crossroads, and I got my food every time.
        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Working...
        X