This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth registerrodeo View Post
    So we ruined about 100 Christmases tonight..when we do it, we do it up right!
    This must be a new record!
    No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Just a reminder...

Just how MANY of these people are offended by the WORD of Christmas just because it has a hint of Jesus/religion in it, but they still manage to scream and curse about how WE ruined THEIR Christmases?

By the way, I found myself back in the retail game again for a second job right on time for Christmas, but I work night receiving through all the CLOSED hours, so my contact with customers will be very minimal, except when I have to work 2:30PM--11:00PM on Christmas Eve because there will be no overnight shipping then.

Sorry to go off topic there...

Comment

Over here most stores will be closed for all Christmas (that is, Dec 24, Dec 25 and Dec 26). Some stores will be open those days, but at limited hours.

Cue a conversation I had with Grandma Zel (my MIL) earlier today when I offered to cook the traditional stewed cabbage:

"Gee whiz, that's very nice of you, I'm already stressed with all the grocery shopping I have to do, I have to buy this, and that, and the other etc. etc. etc...."

Really? OMFSM I mean REALLY?! About 80% of the stuff you rambled on the phone are NON PERISHABLES, so you could have bought it, well, I don't know, A MONTH AGO to save you all the hassle?

Really, if she had planned ahead, all she should buy at the last minute would be a side of pork and a bag of potatoes (and left it to Mr Zel or his brother to take care of beverages). But nooooo, now we ALL have to scramble to get it all set in time.
        A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

Quoth NorthernZel View Post
          Really, if she had planned ahead, all she should buy at the last minute would be a side of pork and a bag of potatoes (and left it to Mr Zel or his brother to take care of beverages).
          I bought the pork (frozen but freshly butchered) at a farm in the end of November. The potatoes was probably harvested in October and would keep as well in a cool and dark cupboard at your MILs as in the store.

Comment

We had no less than four people in our final hour call tonight, asking what the pharmacy and store hours would be tomorrow. Seriously? Why would you do that to yourself? Just come in today and get it over with, it's only going to get worse with each passing hour. Even if the pharmacy isn't that busy, the traffic and parking lot are going to be a total nightmare.

To make matters worse, this year it would seem ALL the customers are pissed off at the number of other customers crowding up the place this week and asking us why the lines are so backed up. I guess one misses out on these things when one's head is jammed that far up their own glory hole.
            The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

I've never ruined anyone's Christmas.

*pouts*

*kicks dirt*

Comment

Quoth An Haddock View Post
                I've never ruined anyone's Christmas.

*pouts*

*kicks dirt*
                *chokes on dirt*

Success!
                This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Guess what; that same woman turned up just as we closed today. She screamed that she'd bust a gut trying to get here at 6:30, and why didn't we wait for her? So basically, I ruined Christmas twice for the same SC. Now, that's an achievement.
                  People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                  My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                    Guess what; that same woman turned up just as we closed today. She screamed that she'd bust a gut trying to get here at 6:30, and why didn't we wait for her? So basically, I ruined Christmas twice for the same SC. Now, that's an achievement.
                    I am in awe sir, perfect score

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                      So basically, I ruined Christmas twice for the same SC. Now, that's an achievement.
                      ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTYYYYYY!!!!
                      Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Second year in a row I didn't ruin anyone's Christmas I've ticked a few people off but nobody accused me of ruining Christmas

Comment

Hey, does this count?

Got called to help a guy return a TV. A 55-inch TV. Dude apparently took his chances with a display from a discontinued model and it had some kind of screen damage. He called it a bullet hole but it looked nothing like one.

Told me "This sure ruined my Christmas!" as I dragged it out of his truck.
                          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

If that's all it takes to ruin Christmas, how far would you have to go to ruin their life?

Comment

I got in just under the wire!

So, I'm spending my last hour at the cent store and being depressed I haven't ruined anyone's Christmas yet. Suddenly, I managed to ruin 7 Christmases!!! 5 because they were shopping at the last minute and we were out of the sizes they needed and 2 because their credit cards declined.

Of course the credit card people wanted me to call their credit company and fix it...and the folks who wanted different sizes just did not understand how we could run out of the product they wanted an hour before the store closed for Christmas.

Here I thought I'd ruined my Christmas for myself and I got a new personal record.

Comment

Seven at one blow? As Montgomery Burns would say, "Excellent!"

Comment

Working...
                                X