Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does everyone at work think I subside off chocolate alone?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does everyone at work think I subside off chocolate alone?

First of all it is physically impossible to subside off of chocolate alone. Especially while maintaining a weight of just over 100lbs and my muscle tone. No I don't shop for groceries here. I can get the same meat we sell at about $400/2 weeks groceries for $150 for the same amount and better cuts. Why the hell would I spend that much money at work when I can get it at a huge discount from the butcher? I could spend $400/2 weeks on fruits and veggies or I can grow my own and spend what? $1 for 100 seeds? I could buy eggs at $5 here or I could by them 10cents each at the egg farm (I need to go there anyway for the day old male chicks they cull because my bird needs food). Just because I don't shop for groceries here (and we get no employee discount so why the hell would I?) doesn't mean chocolate is the only thing I ever eat.
    Don’t worry about what I’m up to. Worry about why you are worried about what I’m up to.

Well, I certainly would live off chocolate if I could.

Sounds like some of your coworkers have too much time on their hands, LOL.

And ... um ... what kind of bird have you got, that it eats culled day-old chicks ... ?
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

They've gotta be raptors... Or at least scavengers.
      “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
      One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
      The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

subsist * ?

Comment

So they are mentally logging what you buy/don't buy because....? These people don't have enough work to do. I used to get people saying "Why are you still here?!?" when I was shopping after work which was a) just plain rude b) none of their beeswax c) judging me for doing something innocuous. They apparently didn't have enough to do either.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
            And ... um ... what kind of bird have you got, that it eats culled day-old chicks ... ?
            Peregrine Falcon.
            Attached Files
            Don’t worry about what I’m up to. Worry about why you are worried about what I’m up to.

Comment

Those be nasty to unleash on a pigeon population, which is why NYC imported quite a few pairs of them. Pretty bird.

As to the human food... It only makes sense to buy where time+fuel+price costs are lowest. If you can get better for cheaper elsewhere, then there's really no reason to buy from work. While at work, the chocolate fix can help one burn through the day (and possibly have enough good feelings not to give in to the dark side when the next idiot identifies itself)

Comment

I love peregrines ^__^ The closest I've ever come to one outside of the avian exhibit at the zoo was when one wandered into my old neighborhood -- presumably by mistake -- and alighted on a tree maybe 20 feet up from where I was. Looked damn cool!
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

no discount? that's insane. Offer some kind of perk for gods sake
                  https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                  Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                    I love peregrines ^__^ The closest I've ever come to one outside of the avian exhibit at the zoo was when one wandered into my old neighborhood -- presumably by mistake -- and alighted on a tree maybe 20 feet up from where I was. Looked damn cool!
                    There are things you can do to make your yard more falcon friendly. Specially the peregrines as they're an endangered species. There really is no feeling like having a peregrine hit the lure at speeds of 200km/hr. I had a solid wood lure about the size of a pop bottle thick. Covered in leather and the bird not only ripped the lure's rope out of my hand on impact but it cracked the wood all the way through. Not bad for a 2-3lb bird.

Comment

Quoth AkaiKitsune View Post
                      There really is no feeling like having a peregrine hit the lure at speeds of 200km/hr. I had a solid wood lure about the size of a pop bottle thick. Covered in leather and the bird not only ripped the lure's rope out of my hand on impact but it cracked the wood all the way through. Not bad for a 2-3lb bird.
                      Wow!

And also another thing for me to add to the 'why I am scared of birds' list. (Alfred Hitchcock has a lot to answer for and I haven't even seen the whole movie.)
                      A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

Quoth AkaiKitsune View Post
                        There are things you can do to make your yard more falcon friendly. Specially the peregrines as they're an endangered species.
                        Of course, you might have a problem if your neighbors have small dogs or cats.

Comment

Quoth Mental_Mouse View Post
                          Of course, you might have a problem if your neighbors have small dogs or cats.
                          Natural selection. They only get the weak ones dear (reference to obscure online comic strip that I can no longer find)

Otherwise known as nature's way of telling you that you need to work harder or the murder bird will get you.

Comment

BG - It gets better. They're THE fastest flying animal on the planet Well, technically, a few dozen feet above the planet, but my point stands ^__^ 200~240mph (320~385kph or so) when in a full dive.
                            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Your coworkers actually say to you "you live on chocolate! Har har har!" What idiots. There was a brief time at the fabric store when people would see me eating in the break room and tell me to eat more, or that I was skinny or whatever. Um, completely inappropriate and creepy. I'm not "too" skinny, on the BMI I'm directly in the middle of whats considered healthy weight. But thanks for deciding it's cool to comment about someone else's weight if the person is "skinny" and not "fat." Oh, and I always eat light at work so I don't feel drowsy. Small portions with as much protein as possible, not that these people are noticing.
                              Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Working...
                              X