This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off the crazy cycle

The crazy cycle is education, which is crazier than retail.

I have had enough of the politics, gossip, and nonsense of school, so I am going back to retail (sucker for punishment that I am). I'll be key-holder in a large fabrics and crafts store in a large-ish Midwestern city. There is a strong possibility that I will move up the management ladder after Christmas.
    My goal is to do all my venting here and keep my cool at work so the job will be mine until they tell me I'm too old to work there.
    Thank you for your indulgence.

Welcome back!

It has been said that the political drama in academia is the most intense of any profession--precisely because it means so very little. As someone who grew up in academia (only child of a single-parent grad student then a college prof) I wholly endorse that statement.

Congrats for escaping.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
    One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
    The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Working...
    X