This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the love of christ....

If are calling your credit card company, and YOU chose to add a verbal password to your account for YOUR FUCKING SECURITY, knowing full well we will need to have you verify that password EVERY SINGLE TIME you call us, then fucking keep it somewhere where you can look it up if you can't fucking remember it. and don't blame ME or the company, and say we suck, because YOU can't remember what YOU chose to use for a password that YOU chose to put on the account! This is NOT our fault, it's yours for being a dumbass.

and for the other love of christ, DO NOT DRIVE WHILE CALLING US!!!!!! A good portion of what we do involves you verifying very hard to read info on your card, which takes away attention from the road. DUMBASS!!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Amen, sister!

I HATE it when callers tell me they're behind the wheel. I do NOT enjoy anticipating the sound of a crash at any moment.

As for password/security questions, how about not using something like a pet's name if there are so many possible answers you can't remember who you listed? I've had a lot of pets myself, which is WHY I don't use that one. Let's stick with something that has ONE definite answer that you can remember. Oh, BTW, your mother's maiden name was the last name she was given when born, NOT her middle name or nickname.
    Last edited by Seanette; 01-09-2019, 03:12 AM. Reason: can't believe I didn't catch that sooner, must start getting more sleep
    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
      .... Oh, BTW, your mother's made-in name ...
      ... isn't the one she used to get in the back seat of the VW Beetle ...
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

One my coworkers actually heard a crash happen on a call once. The customer stopped responding after and we had to put in a call to the local police to get out there and deal with it.
        "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
          and for the other love of christ, DO NOT DRIVE WHILE CALLING US!!!!!!
          consider that it's illegal in most states and provinces now
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
            One my coworkers actually heard a crash happen on a call once. The customer stopped responding after and we had to put in a call to the local police to get out there and deal with it.
            OH holy hell. I really hope that never happens to me. I don't want to be responsible for someone crashing.
            https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
            Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

That's the thing: You're not responsible for dumbass GETTING ON THE PHONE and trying to drive at the same time. Even if you call THEM, they're still the frigging nimrod trying to do crap instead of paying attention to the road.

Yes, we know. Those 'hang up and drive' laws are for all those OTHER drivers out there who are unsafe, not ME!

Comment

Buzzard - Exactly. I heard about a survey recently where they asked drivers where they ranked on the "Bad - Fair - Average - Above Average - Great" scale. NINETY percent of all drivers questioned answered with "Above average" or better.
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Buzzard View Post
                  That's the thing: You're not responsible for dumbass GETTING ON THE PHONE and trying to drive at the same time. Even if you call THEM, they're still the frigging nimrod trying to do crap instead of paying attention to the road.
                  Where I work if the driver doesn't confirm they're on hands-free and not on a dangerous road (e.g. a one lane windy country lane) we are to inform them we'll call back when it's safer and hang up.
                  "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth Seanette
                    BTW, your mother's maiden name was the last name she was given when born, NOT her middle name or nickname.
                    Actually for security using something else memorable as her maiden name isn't a bad idea.For a scammer, finding out her maiden name is easy enough.Figuring out her favourite literary character's surname that you gave as her maiden name.That's a challenge...Just as long as you remember it too
                    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

While most of the clients I worked for didn't do this, can you imagine trying to transcribe a medical report when the dictating provider is driving? One of our contract employees used to tell me about some of the things she'd heard, like the speaker swearing at other drivers, lots of "Are we there yet?" and "Daddy/Mommy, he's looking at me!" plus them forgetting that tunnels block their signals.

(One that happened to a transcriptionist I didn't know was a tape of the doctor and the office manager, who were both married to other people, having sex in the doctor's office. The transcriptionist was afraid she'd lose her job if the doctor knew she'd heard all that, so she was advised to erase the tape and claim it came to her blank.)

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                        Actually for security using something else memorable as her maiden name isn't a bad idea.For a scammer, finding out her maiden name is easy enough.Figuring out her favourite literary character's surname that you gave as her maiden name.That's a challenge...Just as long as you remember it too
                        I do something similar; an answer that's technically correct, yet highly unlikely to be social engineered or guessed. One bank that I was doing this with (my mom never changed her name, so I went back a generation and fudged the spelling) wound up "updating" it to the correct answer when they updated their systems, and wouldn't let me change it even after explaining in person why I wanted to.

As a rule, I dislike pre-generated security questions.
                        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
                        X