Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XD I had to stop myself from using the 'useless w/out pics' emoticon earlier...
    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Can I whine about my ultrasound experience?

Had an ovarian cyst a few years ago. Was sent to the hospital for ultrasound. Twice. Hospital demanded that I have a full bladder. I complied. My tech, who was new, could never find all the relevant parts of my anatomy. She could find the ovary in question, but had trouble imaging the top of my uterous, which is retroflexed, and my other ovary insisted on playing hide and seek. In the end she had to go get a supervisor to help. Both times.

Okay, fine. People have to learn. It takes practice to get good. But the thing that annoyed me was that even while she was just waiting for someone else to come in, she would be pressing on my full bladder. She didn't want to move off the spot, but I would ask her not to press, since she wasn't actually doing anything, and she would say okay, stop pressing for about 5 seconds, then forget. I was still in my clothes, and I had to go back to work afterward. I was really afraid I wasn't going to be able to hold it.

Was it really necessary to put me through all that to image the anatomy that had already been proven normal? Egad.

Finally, my GP sent me to a gynocologist. He suggested a third ultrasound, but this one was in his office and I didn't even need a full bladder. WHY DIDN'T MY DOCTOR SUGGEST THIS IN THE FIRST PLACE!? Arggghh!!
      Women can do anything men can.
      But we don't because lots of it's disgusting.
      Maxine

Comment

Quoth Sparky View Post
        Finally, my GP sent me to a gynocologist. He suggested a third ultrasound, but this one was in his office and I didn't even need a full bladder. WHY DIDN'T MY DOCTOR SUGGEST THIS IN THE FIRST PLACE!? Arggghh!!
        normally those are the "trans vaginal" ones, many peeps don't like those and for some things they aren't as accurate.
        Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Heh. I had to do that (full bladder ultrasounds) when I was having continence issues anyway.

No fun.

(Also: if you're doing meditation exercises with people who have continence issues, fer chrissakes' don't use a meditation tape with rainsticks!)
          Seshat's self-help guide:
          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
            A lovely sapphire offsetting the red of the aorta.

A string of diamonds down the trachea....
            It won't be long before inner-body piercings become all the rage. Imagine a gauge on the inside...

Comment

Got my ultrasound results today. Nothing wrong with my bladder and kidneys yeah!! but they did spot a 4cm cyst on my right ovary so I'm going back for another scan in 6 months to see how it is then. My appt. was supposed to be at 3:30pm but I got a call at 11 saying they had a cancellation at 12 and would I like to come in?. Fastest time drinking 3 litres of water in 30 minutes I've ever done .

Little odd. I have no pain on my right it's always on my left. My left ovary is not exactly where it's supposed to be so that might explain it. Proximity pain and all that I think.

Allegedly there is a family history of lady problems, as Mum so delicately calls it. That reminds me I need to give her a shake and find out what happened with her. Telling me that she just had girly problems and just got rid of the problem by getting a hyster is not quite information enough Mum.

I don't get why it's a family history thing either, out of 8 girls and 4 generations she's the only one that has had problems. The only real girly problems that I know of is heavy bleeding which implanon/modern pills treat well, well in my case. Shrug.

Comment

Good for you! Here's hoping it shrinks/goes away... 'cuz those things can happen.
                "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
                  Good for you! Here's hoping it shrinks/goes away... 'cuz those things can happen.
                  Mine did. I had a ovarian cyst when I was in my early 20's. Later it disappeared.
                  They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Both my mother, one brother and I are 'cysty' so I and my Doc aren't too concerned. It's weird but cysts are rather common in all three of us especially around the joints are are usually started by microtears. We have all had cysts in odd places. Some of mine mirror my Mum's one's perfectly. Although oddly this brother and I both share the same stretchmark places which I find amusing. He's a dude, he shouldn't get stretchmarks there

I suspected I had an ovarian cyst a few years ago when I had some sharp pain on my lower left with a popping sensation and a feeling of ease/release which is how a friend described it to me when her's went.

It probably burst because I was hanging off a fence on my belly trying to liberate a freaking heavy chair for some mischief. Said friend despised a paticular sporting team so we painted his lovely wooden deluxe deck chair in the loathed colours. Apeshit is the closest I can call his reaction .

Comment

Working...
                    X