This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you realize where you are?

So I also work at a stable training horses. I don’t usually have to deal with the clients there but sometimes they talk to me. If you have brain cells you might realize that working with dirt and muck and contrary beasties tends to get you dirty.

I had an SC come up to give me a lecture on cleanliness at work and how I need to remember I’m representing my company (all in heels and a skirt, couldn’t look like she belonged there any less if she was trying)

Yes, I have dirt quite likely imbedded into my nails. That’s what happens when you’re handling things that have been thrown on the ground by a horse who has other things then obedience on its mind. Nobody wins a tug o war against a 1500lb animal. Yes my hair has come out of its neat little knot. Yeah, I’ve got mud all down one side, happens when the horse has learned the stop and pop method of dumping a rider. I’d love to see anyone dealing with half trained young horses come off work looking like they could go to a board meeting right after.

Yes, I smell! I’m in close contact with animals all day! Wtf did you expect?
    Don’t worry about what I’m up to. Worry about why you are worried about what I’m up to.

Easy fix: Put the suit up on a horse... ANY ... horse. "Do remember to stay CLEAN", you call from the ground. The choice of horse was completely random. It's mere chance that she ended up on some 4-legged devil, incarnate.

I'll cheerfully provide the first round of popcorn, on the house.

Comment

You're telling me you don't work in the stables looking like this? For shame.
      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

I used to work on a thoroughbred farm in college and I was never so dirty in my life. Mud, blood, snot from horses wiping their faces on your sweater. I breathed in so much dirt that if I blew my nose the tissue would be black. I guess she's not the one who rides.
        https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Those are the people that you tell, "Sorry, did I ask? No? Goodbye."

Ugh, what a twit.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Sounds like this SC's just begging for a hug...
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Back in the 1970s, I was informed that I could not wear blue jeans while working outside the office, because it “didn’t look professional.” I was supposed to wear khakis and some sort of buttoned shirt. No boots in the office. I was lucky. The manager of another district office required staff to change into business attire when they returned to the office. Shirt and tie or female equivalent.

My job? Inspecting farms.

Comment

I wonder if she berates the horses for rolling in the dirt?
                - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Brings back Navy flashbacks when some admin asshole or higher up would shop me or someone in the middle of some nasty working party and give them shit for how their boots/uniform looked.
                  AkaiKitsune
                  Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

This Willie & Joe comic from WWII shows the problem is not new.
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Years ago I worked in an office that required land and building surveys. (derelict buildings, waist high weeds etc).
                      The dress code involved "no blue jeans".

A team member asked if that meant no jeans, or just no 'blue' jeans?
                      Boss said "jeans only come in blue?"
                      Yes sir, was the general response.

Black and green jeans became the dress standard...

Comment

Quoth scruff View Post
                        Black and green jeans became the dress standard...
                        Back in college, I owned a pair of bright orange jeans. (Used for costume purposes only, I promise!)

Comment

Quoth Mental_Mouse View Post
                          Back in college, I owned a pair of bright orange jeans.
                          So did I, but then the school colors were orange and blue. Needless to say, I didn't wear those off campus.
                          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                            This Willie & Joe comic from WWII shows the problem is not new.
                            Well that's me happy for the evening.
                            This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                            I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

I spend part of my Saturdays sitting at a store doing pet adoptions. As anyone who has ever handled puppies or kittens knows, poop, pee and puke are just part of the deal. I was talking to someone who wanted to adopt one of the puppies I had shown her, but wanted someone who looked more "professional" to do the paperwork. She wasn't sure that I'd do it correctly and wanted to be sure that she really "owned" her new best friend.

I wasn't offended, I was amused. As was the other volunteer who completed the paperwork. (The other volunteer was in a wheel chair, so didn't dress for cleaning up critter messes.)

Comment

Working...
                              X