This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Tithera View Post
    her body is trying to say "take it easy!" but like all the women in our family, "taking it easy" isn't really our thing lol.
    It isn't mine, either. I just don't have any choice.

Basically, my body said 'slow down, take it easy'. I didn't. So my body broke.

Don't do it to yourselves. It's not worth it.
    Seshat's self-help guide:
    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

It seems to me that it's not so much about the practice itself, but about the practitioner being a bit of a dipstick. I don't think any doctor in any field would be working for very long if they spouted New Age philosophy in the place of scientifically sound medical advice.

It's one thing to say that a positive attitude can help you get better. It's true that people who have a positive outlook have a greater chance of recovery, since they aren't willing to let the illness or injury defeat them. But that still isn't a guaranteed thing.

For someone with a medical degree to say, "All you need is Love," is just one step away from saying, "I'm going to warm this scalpal in my armpit here and then we'll begin your drug free appendectomy."

Comment

It sounds like you've got a straight chiropractor on your hands. I know if it were me, I'd run far, far away, but then again, that's me. Straight chiropractors (which are actually not very common) practice subluxation theory, the idea that misalignments in the spine block the flow of energy to other parts of the body and are the cause of all disease. I didn't learn about this until recently. I can see such a chiropractor saying something like what you mentioned. Maybe it's me, but if I ever needed one, I'd make sure he focused purely on the physical problems with my spine itself and didn't muck around with energy therapies, which I personally don't buy into.

Of course, it's totally your choice, but it sounds like you weren't happy with him throwing that in there, either. I'm just offering a possible explanation. Here's a link if you're interested in learning more.

Comment

Working...
        X