Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At 5'6" and 130Lbs you're husky? Maybe if you were 130Lbs and 4'6", shit.
    That's actually a perfect size. Tht woman can get stuffed.
    I'm 5'7" and 140Lbs so I must be screwed. Damn.

Comment

15 pounds? What a rude woman...she needed a bird to poop on her head at that moment.

And yeah....5'2" and 130 myself atm. Curse trying to lose that extra preggy weight. I knew it would hurt having two kids in a row but MAN.... I've only managed to lose 35 lbs of the weight in 4 weeks to boot...
      By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

My friend Dean is down there fighting your fires. He calls me about once a week to let me know he's still alive.

He would like to say thank you to everyone that is understanding when a crew of blackened, smoky men walk into the last (fancy he said, glass table tops, gal playing a violin in the corner) restaurant in town that's not either closed or full and the waiter not only seats them at some of the best tables but is very patient and understanding that they are simply too tired to get all the ash off, and all they want is to eat before they crash again for a few hours. Also, a thank you to the bus boy that found them some lava soap so they could wash up good for dinner. And to the manager that boxed them all up some free cake.

Y'all are too awesome to them.

(Yeah, and they went to the restaurant that night cause one of the other crews ate their food so Dean said, fuck this, and took them out to eat.....or something like that. I'm not totally clear on how meals work).

OP, send the whiney ones to Washington, we're trying to herd them into one spot so we can nuke them and Starbucks all at the same time.

I hope everyone down there is ok. I don't look at news about the fires much anymore, you just get tired of it.
        ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Sheesh. How dare you shatter the image of fragile helplessness she's worked her whole life to build up? Women are supposed to be weak and need a man to do all the actual work, so they can look pretty and feminine and spend all his money. /snark

My mother-in-law is almost that bad. I haul 6-8 grocery bags out of the trunk and she's fussing and getting in my way "Oh, those are so heavy, get one of the men to carry those!". I'm growling 'Get OUT of my way and just open the damn door! They're not THAT heavy!"

Ok, I can lift stuff that a lot of women WOULD find heavy. Call it a lifetime of compensation for being the shortest person in a family with a lot of really tall people in it. I'm 5'2", and the scale says I weigh close to 200lbs. I don't look it. But most of that mass is muscle, and I work hard to keep it that way. I could stand to lose a little weight, as age and stress have added a little more fat to my hips than I really like, but I don't feel particularly overweight and it sure doesn't slow me down. And my biceps startle people who assume my arms are just chubby until I go to pick up something heavy.
          What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth NightWatch View Post
            maybe hefty women just get a sick pleasure out of calling smaller girls big?
            More like ragingly insecure people in general. I've overheard nasty, meant to hurt comments out of every gender and size of person. If only I could say something back like:

Insecure Idiot: "You could stand to lose a few pounds."
            Me/You/Witty Person in General: "You could stand to gain some manners."
            "You are the dumbest smart person I have ever met in my life!" Will Smith, 'I, Robot'.

"You LOSE! Good day, sir!" Gene Wilder, 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'.

Comment

Quoth elysia View Post
              SC: You gotta do something about all those earthquakes, too.
              Thanks for reminding me. I haven't checked out the USGS Real Time Earthquake Maps web site lately.

"There's a whole lotta shakin' goin' on."
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth elysia View Post
                SC: Well I was thinking of buying a house here but not if its like this all the time. **still looking at me expectantly**
                My response would be "I always find there is a silver lining to these things."
                A guy like him is be too dense to comprehend.
                "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
                .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Quoth Snowbird View Post
                  Insecure Idiot: "You could stand to lose a few pounds."
                  Me/You/Witty Person in General: "You could stand to gain some manners."
                  Ha!! That is definitely a line I'll have to remember!
                  But, in all honesty, that woman might have been able to be excused as having some stereotypes in need of a shattering until the "husky" comment. I mean, seriously, after going to the trouble of going out and helping her with her immensely heavy 15-pound box, she should be saying, "Thank you!"
                  However, I would have flown over to CA and cashiered there if I'd known that it would give me control over the weather! Now, I'm wondering if my months spent cashiering in Georgia were a waste.
                  "Don't blink. Blink and you're dead. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink. Good luck." - Doctor Who

Comment

If she needed help with getting the oh-so-heavy 15lb box outta the car, then how the hell did she get it in there in the first place? That must have been a sight ...
                    This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Related to the controlling the weather bit... this happened yesterday:

OK first it's winter here, and very cold. Not quite snow type temperatures but close. So all day, every day, people complain about the cold.

Customer: "It's cold in here, when's it going to warm up?"
                      Customer's teenage son: "I've got it dad!" *farts on customer*
                      Customer: "I guess I asked for that. I'm praying for the day you outgrow fart jokes."

Comment

Quoth zzapp the witch View Post
                        OP, send the whiney ones to Washington, we're trying to herd them into one spot so we can nuke them and Starbucks all at the same time.
                        Why would you want to do that?
                        This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Quoth zzapp the witch View Post
                          My friend Dean is down there fighting your fires. He calls me about once a week to let me know he's still alive.

He would like to say thank you to everyone that is understanding when a crew of blackened, smoky men walk into the last (fancy he said, glass table tops, gal playing a violin in the corner) restaurant in town that's not either closed or full and the waiter not only seats them at some of the best tables but is very patient and understanding that they are simply too tired to get all the ash off, and all they want is to eat before they crash again for a few hours. Also, a thank you to the bus boy that found them some lava soap so they could wash up good for dinner. And to the manager that boxed them all up some free cake.

Y'all are too awesome to them.
                          That is awesome. Restores faith in humanity, even if only for a little while.

I hope the fires are out soon and Dean and the other firefighters can go home to their families.
                          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                          My LiveJournal
                          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I'm 2 inches shorter than you and when I was 130 people called me scrawny. Husky you ain't.
                            I have PMS and a black belt. Any questions?

This random moment is brought to you by the letters A D and D.

Comment

5'2" and 130 and she called you husky? I'm 5'3" and 165, that must mean I really screwed myself over!

That's usually when you say "Yeah, I may be fat, but you're stupid/retarded/whatever, and I can diet." Usually shuts 'em up.

Comment

Working...
                              X