This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My First Banning!

Scared the living day lights out of me when they came in too!

A bit of background: this set of brothers would regularly come in, request non-smoking rooms with two beds. They woudl always smoke in these rooms. Always. My first desk clerk, M, and the house keepers got tired of it because it's a pain in the ass to get rid of the smoke smell. So M said if we ever see them to tell them to not come back.

They showed up tonight and just walk right by. I'm thinking Craps, Preggers M gave them a room! But no. The "cousin" stops by and asks me a question. I answer and tell him that the siblings are not allowed here anymore. As a matter of fact, they were not allowed on primses.

He says "Okay" gets his "cousins" and walk out the door. Very nicely saying goodbye and wishing me a good evening. I was totally on that one.

*Sorry my spelling is so bad, I was nervous as hell and expected to get yelled at.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Congrats on the smooth non-event. I'm sure it could have gotten hairy.
    Did anyone ever ask them why they would specifically ask for non-smoking if they actually did smoke?
    Personally, I hate smoking and smokers, (both my parents smoke, and I am getting more and more sick of the smell. Bordering on physically sick) but if I knew I would be in a room and entertaining smokers, I would probably ask for a smoking room, it just makes sense. Better than asking them to leave, depending on how far it is to 'leaving'.

By the way, you may be able to answer this (since its on the subject), how strict is typical non-smoking policies? If a room had a balcony, would that count as not smoking in the room (with the balcony door closed)?
    "If you find yourself fantasizing about throwing actual users into a blender, please get help... they're heavy." - Tom Dickson

Comment

It's obvious, they don't want anyone else stinking up the room before they do.
      I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Quoth froglet View Post
        By the way, you may be able to answer this (since its on the subject), how strict is typical non-smoking policies? If a room had a balcony, would that count as not smoking in the room (with the balcony door closed)?
        Normally, the guest can smoke as long as they smoke outside only. If even a little smoke gets into the rooms, the housekeepers will know it and inform the front desk. To which the front desk either charges them for "smoking in a non-smoking room" or doesn't It depends, I guess. Personally, I enjoy charging smokers in non-smoking rooms.

It would seem that the siblings wanted rooms that would house multiple people. We don't have smoking rooms with multiple beds. Those are strictly non-smoking.
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

That makes sense. Being brothers (and more than 10) they wouldn't want to share the bed, but probably also cheap.
          Still, you ask for non-smoking, how hard is it to take it outside??? I hate smokers. </pet-peeve>
          "If you find yourself fantasizing about throwing actual users into a blender, please get help... they're heavy." - Tom Dickson

Comment

I hate stupid and ignorant smokers. </pet-peeve>
            There I fixed it for you, not all smokers are as bad as they are.
            I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Quoth RayvenQ View Post
              There I fixed it for you, not all smokers are as bad as they are.
              ditto, I've had roommates that smoke, and most of them are very courteous about it, going outside, waiting a few minutes before coming back in so they don't smell as bad, cleaning up their butts (though my current roomie is kind of annoying in that she throws the butts away in the kitchen garbage rather than using a can outdoors to hold them... grrr)
              If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                Normally, the guest can smoke as long as they smoke outside only. If even a little smoke gets into the rooms, the housekeepers will know it and inform the front desk.

Which is why I make the trek downstairs-out the lobby and into the parking lot, when done I extinguish my smoke before waling toward the doors and deposit my filter in the nearest receptacle. How hard is that, honestly?
                Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
                  Which is why I make the trek downstairs-out the lobby and into the parking lot, when done I extinguish my smoke before waling toward the doors and deposit my filter in the nearest receptacle. How hard is that, honestly?
                  And its good exercise, everyone needs movement of some kind anyway. A lot of people are just lazy and/or just don't care about their surroundings (not everyone obviously).

Comment

I'm a smoker and I HATE staying in a smoking room, (but I don't smoke in the room either). I've had desk clerks get pissy with me because even though I hadn't smoked in the room, my clothes still smelled of smoke. I politely informed them that ANY guest who was in THEIR bar smelled of smoke.

I know I should quit, but man, it's not illegal and I didn't smoke IN the room. Back off.
                    If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience.
                    --Woodrow Willson

Comment

Yeah... I don't get people smoking indoors. I've not smoked indoors since I left my folks house in Ireland. Sure, it may be warmer in the winter, but it just makes a room almost unlivable. So, other than bars (which also went out the window recently, Ohio law), I stopped smoking indoors at all 2 years ago now.

Comment

Can we PLEASE not turn this into an "I hate all smokers" rant?

Not all of us are uncouth and worthy of distain.

Thank you.
                        "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

I love the smell of a good cigar (and I mean a GOOD one!). I don't mind people smoking in my house and car (no one does, though) even though I have glass ash trays. kinda wish I can have people smoke in my future bar but somehow I get the feeling it will be illegal by then (nuts).
                          Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Working...
                          X