Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't get these Bridezilla types. We planned everything well in advance and didn't get upset over minor obstacles and the wedding was a breeze, I was totally relaxed and lots of people even commented on how calm I was. Is it seriously worth getting all worked up over something so minor? How is your marriage going to go if that is your attitude to every little snag in your life? The wedding is one day, honey, but the marriage is forever (or five years, the average marriage time of the 50% of Americans who get divorced).
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
      Is it seriously worth getting all worked up over something so minor? How is your marriage going to go if that is your attitude to every little snag in your life?
      What happens when Hubby or Bride doesn't get the promotion they were counting on? Or a handicapped child is born? Or a fire destroys part of their house? Or Dad has diabetes and refuses to follow his doctor's instructions?

Comment

A woman who makes this kind of bridezilla tantrum has never had anything like that happen in her life yet. It's clear she has no clue at all about *actual* disasters.

Comment

wait... did she realise that strapless items tend to have hanger straps?????
          she may have gotten just what she asked for and be to stupid to know it
          oh and strapless slips sometimes wont have clean straps for then hanger but small same material ones that will fold flat inside the slip generally best in your bra
          Last edited by Sliceanddice; 07-12-2008, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Quoth workerbee222 View Post
            What happens when Hubby or Bride doesn't get the promotion they were counting on? Or a handicapped child is born? Or a fire destroys part of their house? Or Dad has diabetes and refuses to follow his doctor's instructions?
            Those aren't snags. A snag is "ohnoz...I can't get these flowers for the wedding", whereas those are emergencies/life-altering events.
            My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

UPDATE! I took a peek at the strapless and strapped slips on my way into work yesterday. The strapless one has no hanging straps (clear or fabric) to be tucked away. The top is built differently on the strapless one. The strapless one comes on a hanger too but a hanger with those clip things.

So yeah she got the wrong one, we could have easily fixed it. She fails.

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                I don't get these Bridezilla types. Is it seriously worth getting all worked up over something so minor? How is your marriage going to go if that is your attitude to every little snag in your life? The wedding is one day, honey, but the marriage is forever (or five years, the average marriage time of the 50% of Americans who get divorced).

I already know what I want for my wedding, so no procrastination and no bridezilla for me. What I don't get are the ones that go from normal to super egomaniacal bridezilla once the ring is on their finger. Those are worse IMHO. I watched some clips from the show Bridezillas and one bridezilla came in the salon demanding "I need my hair done right now and as of now!".
                I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
                X