This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth jerkface11 View Post
    Wow you're being more of an SC than I thought. I didn't notice that you actually said "the other guy let me do it". What next demanding a manager? Asking if they have it in the back?

Comment

Quoth jerkface11 View Post
      Wow you're being more of an SC than I thought. I didn't notice that you actually said "the other guy let me do it". What next demanding a manager? Asking if they have it in the back?
      I agree with the completely.

I'd also like to point out that saying "the other guy let me do it" is only sucky if they didn't actually let you do it.
      ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
      And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
        I'd also like to point out that saying "the other guy let me do it" is only sucky if they didn't actually let you do it.
        I wish to slightly differ : the "The other guy..." line is sucky if :
        - you know for sure that "the other guy" didn't let them have their way
        - you have no way to check whether "the other guy" let them have their way or not. Not in a reasonable amount of time, anyway.

In the first case, it's Epic Fail suckyness.

In the second case, they might tell the truth. Most don't, but some do. Whether you chose to trust them or not is totally up to you, and they shouldn't complain. If they've gotten free stuff before that they shouldn't have gotten as per policy, then they're still ahead and should understand that exceptions are meant to be just that : exceptions.

I think most people who use that line when they know they're lying hope that you'll give them the benefits of the doubt. And it's this line is more likely to work if :
        - their demand is reasonable
        - they can actually give a name AND description of the fabled "other guy" that match those of an actual employee
        - it's a rather small business where employees have a little more lee way with policy and where most employees know each other
        - they sling out the line on a conversationnal tone and seem not to think much of it when you deny them the favors "the other guy" gave them. But then, they're not really sucky.

I can just imagine it happen. I'm pretty sure it already happened countless times.
        "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Working...
        X