This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was my mom sucky?

After a long time lurking, I think I finally have a story to share. I don't think it's as bad as some of the horror stories, but it was still

Yesterday my mom and I were going to the store, and we stopped for gas. Mom had me go in to prepay, and I thought everything was fine. But when I get back out to the truck, Mom's just staring at the pump with a frown and not pumping gas. Then I heard her ask herself why the previous sale wasn't zeroing out. I told her to just start pumping and it would zero out, but she wouldn't listen. I finally had to go back inside, rolling my eyes, and ask about it. They told me the same thing I told her, and I told her again that she needed to just start pumping. She reluctantly did it, and then when it worked just like I said it would, she started grumbling that "they have these new pumps and they don't know how they work..."

I just rolled my eyes because arguing with her is kinda pointless.

I don't think she was really all that sucky - she just didn't know. She wasn't a sucky customer, at any rate, as she didn't impose herself on the staff about the zeroing-out problem.
    "Do not quibble with me over apostrophes. I have my shit together when it comes to apostrophes." - BookBint

Comment

I do not think that she was sucky. Like what Moxis said, she just didn't know
      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth MoxisPilot View Post
        I don't think she was really all that sucky - she just didn't know. She wasn't a sucky customer, at any rate, as she didn't impose herself on the staff about the zeroing-out problem.
        Quoth powerboy View Post
        I do not think that she was sucky. Like what Moxis said, she just didn't know
        The thing was, she was saying the people at the gas station didn't know how the pumps worked, not herself. That's what struck me as sucky.

Comment

Yeah, I thought that was a bit sucky. Plus, after she was told how the pumps work, she insisted that they didn't work that way.
          "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth Ratha View Post
            The thing was, she was saying the people at the gas station didn't know how the pumps worked, not herself. That's what struck me as sucky.
            Sorry about that. I just reread that post. She was sucky afterall
            Under The Moon Paranormal Research
            San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Well, let's clarify - she was sucky TO YOU about the employees. She wasn't sucky TO THEM. To me, that just makes her a vaguely sucky person (i.e. won't admit when she's wrong and blames her mistakes on others) rather than a sucky customer My mom's much worse She's a letter-writer!
              GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

She was just confused and covering for it. It's not like she was sucky to the employees or anything.
                Check out my cosplay social group!
                http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

Working...
                X