This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
    I'm glad that man got arrested for what he did to that poor little boy,and I hope the kid is okay.
    Kid appeared to be fine. Liek I said, He was a bit battered, as we shoudl all expect, but he was okay

Quoth xaenon View Post

Unless, of course, they've been through this a few times too many, and it's
    become a ritual.

Flea, I have nothing but respect for ya. You handled that very professionally -
    I doubt my own response in such a situation would have been half as civil. Well
    done! ...
    place.
    I don't think she'd been beaten around. she didn't look like she had. One thing I forgot to mention was when I stood outside and watched them drive off (i needed some fresh air after that) I saw her put her head forward in her hands as they drove away. She was in tears as the car left the carpark for the motorway, I know it.

some people are VERY good at hiding their emotions. It can be because of various things. some people are just naturally good at it, some of us were bullied severly in school and wanted to give the bullies as little as possible, some people don't have emotions and some it's because of their home situation. The other person who came with the wife (the other person was driving) seemed a little more shocked. First thing she did when we let her into the staff room was run up to the kid and squeeze the stuffing out of him...I actually thought she was his mum, initially.

All I can say is thankfully the kids parents appeared to have taught him that if somthing happens in the store, you either call the help of the shop assistants and/or do exactly as they instruct.

Thanks. Allthough I dunno about "Professionally" Hurdleing the counter is not exactly professional. nto to mention I WANTED to beat shit out of the Dad...I just didn't. I still feel like I should have done.
    -The one, The Only, AdvancedFlea-

Stick that in your blog and smoke it.

A guide for customers about retail

Comment

I once broke a floppy disk drive by putting money in there, I got a clip around the ear for it. But that guy in this story went way too far! Glad that you acted as quickly as you did.

Comment

I have a story, which seems tame in comparison to this one, but was still quite upsetting at the time.

It was at the home improvements store, toward closing, and I was sweeping up my area. I had all the dirt and dust swept into a pile, ready to be scooped up and disposed of, when a man and a little boy ventured into my aisle. The guy started asking me questions about where a certain item may be, while his little boy started walking thru my dirt pile and kicking it around.

Naturally, I wasn't happy about it, and I didn't think the boy's father would do anything about it. He ended up doing something, but I think I would have rather he had done nothing than do what he did. He snatched the kid by the arm, yanked him off the floor, and tossed him forward several feet, yelling at him to "have respect for others!"

This was almost 20 years ago, so this little boy would be a grown man by now. I hope he turned out OK, despite his father's abusive nature.
        Sometimes life is altered.
        Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
        Uneasy with confrontation.
        Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
          He snatched the kid by the arm, yanked him off the floor, and tossed him forward several feet, yelling at him to "have respect for others!"
          What the hell makes people think that the way to teach your kid to have respect for others is to show absolutely no respect for the kid? All it teaches them is to be afraid of Dad.
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
            I once broke a floppy disk drive by putting money in there, I got a clip around the ear for it.
            I did the same thing at school on the old RM PC1's ...that was at the time when the teachers could still smack you upside the head...which she did. that clout is actually what got me into the computing industry

Quoth MadMike View Post
            [big cut...sorry mike]
            This was almost 20 years ago, so this little boy would be a grown man by now. I hope he turned out OK, despite his father's abusive nature.
            well, with a bit of luck he turned out okay. I know people with dads who are...shall we say "Over zealious" ? and who did crap like that (including my dad) they came out okay.

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
            What the hell makes people think that the way to teach your kid to have respect for others is to show absolutely no respect for the kid? All it teaches them is to be afraid of Dad.
            In a way it's kind of an aversion therapy, I guess. now, don't get me wrong, I don't think beating the crap out of your kids just to disceplin them is right. Its so very wrong BUT if you are afraid of consquences, you ain't gonna do it.

...fear of consequences or not...it's still not right.

Comment

Ugh. I understand that children need discipline- I plan on spanking mine when/if I have them- but discipline is something to be done because it needs to be, not because you're angry. The minute you yell at or touch a child, or anyone, simply because you're angry, it becomes abuse.

I'm not one to go into family problems usually, but my dad is frequently the same way. Thankfully he's not physically abusive, but verbal abuse can be just as bad or worse. I'm a hard-head and don't have much respect for my dad anyway, so I've come out mostly unscathed, but I worry about my little brother... Why are so many people unfit to raise children?
              This is my sig.

Comment

Quoth AdvancedFlea View Post
                I did the same thing at school on the old RM PC1's ...that was at the time when the teachers could still smack you upside the head...which she did. that clout is actually what got me into the computing industry
                I just had a thought... when my kids inevitably do the same thing, I'll show them how to swap the broken drive for a new one (and make them pay the cost of the new drive).

Comment

that sounds like a better plan than any I have seen today. Certainly better than pasting them one infront of a tech.

Comment

Holy CRAP, Flea-bit, I'm speechless! Well, not really, but I don't have the words to describe how I feel about Dear Old Dad beating up on his kid like that.
                    Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
                      Holy CRAP, Flea-bit, I'm speechless! Well, not really, but I don't have the words to describe how I feel about Dear Old Dad beating up on his kid like that.
                      I'm still stuck for words on this one, I'll be honest. we were all astounded...I just acted quicker than anyone else

Comment

For once I agree with Ade. I know. There's a special place in Hell for people who hurt kids. With any hopes, the wife will dump his sorry ass.
                        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                          For once I agree with Ade. I know. There's a special place in Hell for people who hurt kids. With any hopes, the wife will dump his sorry ass.
                          you don't agree with ade very often then? ^^;

yeah, thats the same thing we've all been hoping for. soap on a rope for him too...except the rope breaks

Comment

I was laughing when I read there was a pop tart in there, I stopped laughing when I read the rest. What the hell is wrong with people?! Did he think he could beat the hell out of his kid and no one would do anything?

I'm glad you jumped in there. Poor little boy My oldest son is 8 year olds, I just can't imagine my husband snapping and doing something like this.
                            "Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did."
                            George Carlin

Comment

I think some parents DO genuinely think that, for whatever reason. They need their heads kicking in.

well, with a bit of luck, you will never have it happen to you or your son

Comment

Working...
                              X