X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• extreme couponing

http://press.discovery.com/us/tlc/pr...eme-couponing/

Have any of you seen this? these people take it way too extreme. The one woman joanie, she no longer has any space. She and her hubby brought food home and sat it on the floor. And the one guy buys 300 toothbrushes cause they are free WHY!!!To date my biggest coupon day was a 157.00 worth of( real food, not 300 toothbrushes) for 54.00. I almost think its a new form of hoarding.
    Last edited by candyshopgirl; 01-18-2011, 06:06 PM.

you know, if they're just keeping the stuff (300 toothbrushes? really???) then I tend to agree it's a form of hoarding. I mean, hell, if I was going out and buying 1100 boxes of cereal (WHY???), which I knew I would never be able to eat before they all expired, I would happily donate them to a soup kitchen or feeding program.
    The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
      you know, if they're just keeping the stuff (300 toothbrushes? really???) then I tend to agree it's a form of hoarding. I mean, hell, if I was going out and buying 1100 boxes of cereal (WHY???), which I knew I would never be able to eat before they all expired, I would happily donate them to a soup kitchen or feeding program.
      if I remember right the guy bought the cereal to donate to his church food bank.

Comment

I'd quit

I was watching this show on TLC today called Extreme Couponing. It was about people who guy loads of stuff and use over a thousand coupons and get like 1500 worth of food for like two dollars. They have like nine carts-minimum. If I saw that coming my way as a cashier, I don't know if I'd either beg for a break or be like: dude, I quit.

That and on one of the episodes the lady's billion coupons wouldn't work for some reason so the store decided to be nice and take up three check out stands to get her stuff straightened out so she could get her gazillion discounts and she had the NERVE to bitch that they were taking too long!

I mean, its neat to be able to get that much crap and pay two dollars but I bet they'd knock that crap off if they had to be on the other end of that. That and they had like rooms dedicated to the crap they've accumulated over the years.

I'm not saying that it's bad to use coupons but come on there's a limit right!? I don't know if this is in the right place but oh boy I think my face was like this most of the time.

I think the thing that irritated me the most was when they got annoyed with the cashier's for not scanning their stuff right, moving the piles wrong or just being "slow." Just yikes.

Comment

what are they doing? going shopping with Sheldon Cooper?

Comment

Quoth Anakah View Post
            That and on one of the episodes the lady's billion coupons wouldn't work for some reason so the store decided to be nice and take up three check out stands to get her stuff straightened out so she could get her gazillion discounts and she had the NERVE to bitch that they were taking too long!...
            I think the thing that irritated me the most was when they got annoyed with the cashier's for not scanning their stuff right, moving the piles wrong or just being "slow." Just yikes.
            I haven't seen this shit and thanks for the warnings about it. I won't watch it because it'll just piss me off. Slow?!? When you have multiple carts and excessive coupons? Really bitch? Silly bitch.
            I'm sorry, but I've reached my maximum allowable exposure to stupidity limit for the day. I'll have to get back to you tomorrow.

Comment

I can understand using coupons here and there for stuff you need or want but that is just freakin' ridiculous!
              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth Anakah View Post
                I was watching this show on TLC today called Extreme Couponing. It was about people who guy loads of stuff and use over a thousand coupons and get like 1500 worth of food for like two dollars. They have like nine carts-minimum. If I saw that coming my way as a cashier, I don't know if I'd either beg for a break or be like: dude, I quit.

That and on one of the episodes the lady's billion coupons wouldn't work for some reason so the store decided to be nice and take up three check out stands to get her stuff straightened out so she could get her gazillion discounts and she had the NERVE to bitch that they were taking too long!
                Couponers, this is why you get a bad name, even if you are playing by the rules.

Sure, all those coupons might be valid and she might have gotten all the correct items for the coupons, so the store will at least not be out anything. But....

because three(!) registers are being tied up in her ginormous order, the other checkout lines are backing up all over creation and there may be nobody else in the store to open registers and get the lines moving. So now you may have other people getting frustrated and abandoning their carts of merchandise to shop elsewhere.

All because the store is being more accommodating to a PITA than they should.

And the sad thing is, if this person complained to management about the "slow" service, they would toss the poor cashiers under the bus. After all, she spent $1500 in one go, even if it was couponed down to two bucks. You don't get big transactions like that every day.

Obviously 99.9% of coupon users aren't so overbearing and are nice and polite and don't expect stores to turn themselves inside out to serve them. It's people like that woman that make the cashier roll his/her eyes and think "oh hell, here we go" when they see a customer digging out their coupons.
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

yeah I think I have seen the Extream Couponing show.

one lady (her hubby just had this glazed look in his eyes) has several good sized ROOMS and part of the garage filled with stuff. like 4 years of laundry soap, 2 years of T-paper, shelves of maple syrup, mustard and other condiments.

what good is all that stuff if you just keep going and going. it IS like an addiction and hording all wrapped in one package
                  I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                  -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

It's not like an addiction. It IS an addiction. An obsession. And it's sad.

If I saw nine carts coming, and then she gives me coupons after that? You better know I'm carefully going over each and every little detail and following the coupon guidelines to the letter. THEN they'll have a right to complain about being slow. But you know what? You shop like that, you reap what you sow!

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                      yeah I think I have seen the Extream Couponing show.

one lady (her hubby just had this glazed look in his eyes)
                      He might be used to her giving tours and telling everyone who enters the house about it.

I don't understand it. I can see how coupons are good, and if I find a coupon of something I want, I will use it. I have known people who use a coupon of something they don't even like, to get something they don't even like. Just because they had the bloody coupon.

These people are way overboard. If you are buying tons of perishables in bulk, and aren't giving them away to someone who is in need, or using them yourself in the proper time, Then I really wish they didn't get them. It's such a waste of money and food and there are other customers who might want to buy them too. It is good to see someone is in fact giving them to people who could use them, the rest really should follow their lead if they are so into coupon shopping. I wonder if at any point they stop and go hey, there are other things I could be doing right now that is a lot better then this.
                      Non perishable things like cleaning supplies is another thing, knock yourself out get a four year supply, I can see how that might be handy, then again I'm also the type who would then go and donate some or all of that supply to shelters. Maybe what I'm trying to say is if someone wants to coupon shop sooooo much, why not turn that into a way to help others in a really poor economy.
                      I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                        what are they doing? going shopping with Sheldon Cooper?
                        Big Bang Theory FTW!!!

Comment

I saw Extreme Couponing on TLC just last week. I swear I had this look on my face the entire time! These people just...I'm sorry, i don't mean to be crude here but they need help. The guy that gave the cereal away I can let pass. The others? Not so much. I mean--diving in a recycle dumpster for coupons? Hoarding (and yes, it is hoarding no matter how neat) away everything you buy and still going back for more? No. You need help. The show was enough to make me not want to use a coupon again!
                          "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Extreme Couponing

I'm watching Extreme Couponing on TLC right now and find it interesting. It's pretty cool how much they can save and sometimes even make money. But, I thought about the cashier that has to deal with this and the sheer amount of items plus the multiple transactions they have to do. I've never worked at a supermarket so I was wondering if anyone in CS has experienced this first hand.

Comment

The only reason i didn't like people with coupons is that they would abuse them. Like using a coupon for $1 off 2 shampoos and they only have one. Otherwise i didn't mind. Management doesn't like that i upheld the company's policy of max 3 of the same coupons per order.

Comment

Working...
                              X