This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Monday!

Kind of a mixed bag here, so mods please move if necessary....

It's £2.50 anyway

When you came to my till and told me you wanted £10 cash back, I told you that our minimum for using a debit card was £2.50, and the three bags of sugar you had wouldn't come to that much. You said, "Oh just forget it then" - but then started to put your card into the machine anyway. It took a good ten minutes of explaining before I managed to make you understand that the £2.50 limit applies whether you want cash back or not.

I'm going blue in the face for a reason

You, and your family, have been coming into the store for just about as long as I've been working here. Not once have any of you ever looked like anything remotely approaching clean. When you turn up en masse the stench is beyond description. I could forgive you for that though, were it not that the language that comes out of your mouths is equally as foul.

Tweedledee and Tweedledum

Believe it or not, when one of us is due to get off the till to have a scheduled break, and asks a supervisor to get someone to relieve us, it's a weensy bit annoying to be told "I'll sort something out" and then left standing there for half an hour with no relief and the complete disappearance of said supervisor. It gets even more annoying when having finally managed to get away, we get to the break room and find both supervisors having their break. Nice to see you've got your priorities right and aren't allowing our lack of breaks to spoil your own.

And finally.....

Little sweetheart

You, young man, were a bright spot in a shift that didn't have that many. You came to spend your holiday pocket money, were polite and cheerful with a smile that could have melted stone. Then a few minutes later you came back with your little sister and paid for a lollipop that she wanted.
    And both times when I gave you your change, you put it into the collection box that sits on my till (for the Royal National Institute for the Blind).

What a little love you are.
    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

I love customers like that last one!
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

As a former supervisor, the no break thing just irks me. I've would go without breaks to make sure the front got their breaks. I've even gone without any lunch/breaks of any kind because we were swamped and the front needed breaks. As a supervisor/manager..you do what you can to help alleviate the stress on the employees. On the other hand, maybe that is why I didn't last long, because I would go the extra mile..and we can't have that now can we.

*hugs Marmalady*
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

When I was a charge nurse, I planned breaks out in advance. I would ask the staff when they wanted to take their breaks, and plan around them to make sure everything is covered.

It was never a problem for me, especially since I like to take MY break at 3am, about 2 hours after everyone else.
        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Working...
        X