This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for making me laugh!

Went to the grocery store to take advantage of some serious sales. It's been a while since I went for a full-on order, so the list was long. An entire cartful, overflowing. Was the only one in line at checkout. In the middle of checking out, a woman gets in line behind us with her cartful. She immediately starts the huffing and "J**** C**** now I have to wait" song. (No matter that there were two other cashiers standing idle when she came up.) She started to try to push my son (6'2", standing behind our cart helping unload it onto the belt) through with her cart!

We ignored her, the cashier trying very hard to hide a smirk, exchanging rolls of the eyes with me, my son very capably standing his ground and not budging, the woman continuing her grumpy commentary. I was giggling to myself, thinking of the threads here, wishing there was some legitimate way we could drag this out just for fun.

Once all was rung through, the cashier took my club card (the one that gets the discounts for "club" members) to scan for the discounts. The woman blurted out, "Those cards are useless and just make things take longer!" It was one swipe of the card, followed by the cashier's pleasant and very audible announcement that I'd just saved $100.82 by using my club card (which was the truth). People for two aisles down on both sides broke up laughing as the woman fired us a look that would have withered, had we cared.

We left the cashier with a hearty "thanks for being so fast!"

She was shoving your son?

How did he not say anything to that, and where did she think she was going to go?

Glad to hear there was no carnage though.

Comment

Quoth draftermatt View Post
      How did he not say anything to that, and where did she think she was going to go?
      I'd say partly because he wanted to take the high road, and partly because it was a fun concept of this little biddy trying to force a 6'2" guy out of her way.
      I AM the evil bastard!
      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth 1756GR2 View Post
        We left the cashier with a hearty "thanks for being so fast!"
        I wish I could've seen the major CBF she made to THAT!!!!!!!
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

lol you handled it better than I would have,. If someone would have kept jamming and jamming thier cart into me repetidly to get me to move I would have just yelled OWWWW!!!! DO NOT RUN YOUR CART INTO ME AGAIN THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! but then again I don;t think the store would need to hear the woman's temper tantrum at being yelled at. I have been run into by carts and just to keep the peace I just say aloud "I LOVE the feel of metal/plastic carts rammed into my rear end." Usually that embarresses them and they look the other way.
          NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

Comment

My oldest son is 6'2" too and I still would have went all "mama bear" on anyone who kept ramming their cart into him.
            Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Yep, lordlundar's got the idea - taking the high road, and getting a kick out of denying her bid for attention. Passive resistance can be fun! Believe me, though, I'd have put a quick stop to it if he'd been injured or even annoyed by it. It was all just too amusing. None of us wanted to join in the bad day she was trying to make us all have.

But then, I don't understand people who fume about traffic backups. I far prefer to be with the crowd who gets out of their cars and makes a picnic of it.

Comment

minor aside to this story:

My brother is 6'3. We were in Times Square on New Years Eve 2004 (turning 2004). We got there early, staked out a spot, and we were all sitting down because (a) we got more room, and (b) we're from florida. we don't OWN winter clothes. We were FREEZING. This dude (obviously vertically challenged) kept stepping on my brother and encroaching into his space and everything. Now, we know it's crowded, but there's no reason to step on people repeatedly. The final straw came when he put his hand on my brother's head. Michael does NOT like being touched. He stood up (the dude might have come to his shoulders), glared down at him, and said in his most stern voice "do NOT...touch me". He sat back down and the dude looked like he had just seen a ghost. Needless to say, he was left alone for the rest of the night.

And no, we didn't stay to see the ball drop. It was 8 and we were all shaking because we were soooooo cold. We went and got some AMAZING Thai food across from the hotel, went back to our room (the next street over from Times square), then re-emerged to see the ball drop. That, my friends, is how you do it
                Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.

Proverbs 22:6

Comment

you handled that well...I would have shoved back....and probly started ranting at the lady back...telling her that "if you don't like how fast it's going in THIS line, why not go to the other EMPTY regesters instead!!! MORON!!"
                  I am evil, I should change my middle name legally TO evil, I'm proud of my evilness! Makes life fun! bwhaha

Comment

Working...
                  X